Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on fellow AR drivers. Has anyone installed any spacers on their Giulia yet. I'm thinking of buying some however, I want to see the stance and read about any performance flaws/gains. Pictures please.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I added the same 5mm spacers to the front today (running 19x10 - 285-30-19s in the rear with no spacers). Does anybody know what this screw is? They had to remove it to add the spacers (the shop said it's meant to hold the caliper in place when repairing the breaks).

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry for the complete newbie question... What is the purpose of wheel spacers? What do they do? I looked at the photos in the abovementioned thread and didn't see anything particularly unusual or different. And I thought I had an eye for detail...

They just make the wheel sit further away from the hub. Mostly for aesthetics for a street car (mostly).

·
Registered
261 Posts
They just make the wheel sit further away from the hub. Mostly for aesthetics for a street car (mostly).
Interesting, thanks. With the wheels pushed a little further out, wouldn't that have an effect on the balance or driving dynamic of the car?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Interesting, thanks. With the wheels pushed a little further out, wouldn't that have an effect on the balance or driving dynamic of the car?
Nothing dramatic. I have had spacers on street cars and track cars and never noticed anything significant in the dynamics.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Back in the day (the 90's) I know that all my VDUB friends all had spacers...they wanted their wheels pushed out as far as possible.

Nowadays they do "stance" car look...with air suspensions. LOL

·
Registered
261 Posts
I added the same 5mm spacers to the front today ...
Regarding the first of your two photos... I notice quite a bit of what looks like rust in and around the hub. Isn't this a new Giulia? If so, how could it be so rusty so quickly? Is this something we all have to look forward to?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I added the same 5mm spacers to the front today ...
Regarding the first of your two photos... I notice quite a bit of what looks like rust in and around the hub. Isn't this a new Giulia? If so, how could it be so rusty so quickly? Is this something we all have to look forward to?
Surface rust is pretty typical for the hub in any car that sees a hint of moisture (rain). It's superficial and doesn't do anything.

Luckily I'm in northern California, so this is all the rust I'll ever have to worry (or not worry) about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts