Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
How's the steering feel and handling ?
The only thing holding me back from doing this is the fear that it negatively affects the steering

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Please share a bunch of pics. I’m leaning towards 15mm rear and 5mm front on my q4.
I added several to original post
How's the steering feel and handling ?
The only thing holding me back from doing this is the fear that it negatively affects the steering
Actually, the steering feels the the same. I am not a race driver so I am not an expert at the finer details of car handling. 34 mm is 1.33 inches so slightly wider tires would be about the same width increase.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last year i looked for a few months for a Ti Sport in the Monza Rosso color (now discontinued). So I figured that color was only coming to the US on Lusso models. This one looks really nice. 😀

·
Registered
766 Posts
I added several to original post

Actually, the steering feels the the same. I am not a race driver so I am not an expert at the finer details of car handling. 34 mm is 1.33 inches so slightly wider tires would be about the same width increase.
Over a year ago, I put 17mm on rear and 5mm on front. Looks just about right on rear, front still very slightly narrower than I’d like but it’s much better than stock. Handling and steering are the same. No odd fire wear issues either.

Reactions: Triumph23

·
Registered
454 Posts
really fills out the wheel wells, and looks nice. But just a thought, might be a good idea to get a good torque wrench for lug nuts, especially with the spacers. When I do lug nuts or bolts, I sequentially tighten them up to spec in about 10# increments. Overkkill maybe, but I just feel better about it. But yours does look really nice. NV

·
Super Moderator
2,760 Posts
Over a year ago, I put 17mm on rear and 5mm on front. Looks just about right on rear, front still very slightly narrower than I’d like but it’s much better than stock. Handling and steering are the same. No odd fire wear issues either.
I did 5mm and 15mm, but also added shims to the LCA's in the front that brought the fronts out another 8-10mm. I think it's perfect now, and more neg. camber to boot!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I did 5mm and 15mm, but also added shims to the LCA's in the front that brought the fronts out another 8-10mm. I think it's perfect now, and more neg. camber to boot!
Jesse, excuse my dumb attack, but what are LCA’s? (guessing might be Lateral Control Arms). How did you add these shims, is it tricky?

·
Super Moderator
2,760 Posts
Jesse, excuse my dumb attack, but what are LCA’s? (guessing might be Lateral Control Arms). How did you add these shims, is it tricky?
Close... Lower Control Arm. Two bolts per side, use jack to lift at ball joint near rotor to move the LCA away from the frame. Insert spacers between LCA and frame. You must use high grade and longer bolts (I have 10.5 grade). I currently have a stack of washers as spacers but will be replacing with a solid (round /drilled) chunk of aluminum. End result was - 1.7 FL, and - 2.0 FR. for camber.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Close... Lower Control Arm. Two bolts per side, use jack to lift at ball joint near rotor to move the LCA away from the frame. Insert spacers between LCA and frame. You must use high grade and longer bolts (I have 10.5 grade). I currently have a stack of washers as spacers but will be replacing with a solid (round /drilled) chunk of aluminum. End result was - 1.7 FL, and - 2.0 FR. for camber.
Definitely looks like something I could “balls up” quite easily so I wont try this yet! Thanks for the detailed step-by-step though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts