Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Administrator
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling out all South East Giulia owners! This is the perfect time to start chatting with other Giulia owners in your region. Maybe it's time to set up a local Giulia meet :smile2:

• Say Hi
  • List the Color And Model Of Your Giulia
  • List Your Area
  • Share A Picture If Available

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm in Birmingham, AL

We have an Alfa corral arranged for the Barber Historics May 20-21.

More info here: http://www.barberracingevents.com/

If you've never been to an event here, now is the time! The track and museum are as good as you'll find anywhere in the world and the museum is even better!

PM me for more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, I'm Steve...

I've lived my entire life minutes from center City Philly, but now I live in Palm Beach Gardens and work in West Palm.

We usually take a car or 2 to Cars and Coffee at Palm Beach Outlets... Sometimes its a 17 R8 in orange, or a 16 COPO Camaro, but this weekend we are bringing the alfa out... and either the R8 or a 76 Vette (both are very orange) so if u see white QV next to an orange car - I'm the short fat one standing nearby :)

I have a Trofeo White Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Add me to the club.. just placed order for Trofeo white QV, dark 5 hole wheels, yellow calipers. Former GTV6 owner (pic attached... will have to wait for my QV to arrive to post a real pic.) michael in atlanta

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Your GTV6 was in wonderful condition in that picture. Welcome to the forum and hope the Quadrifoglio arrives quickly. Perhaps your will even get some accurate status updates.

·
Registered
118 Posts
alan,
the gtv6 was a california car, original paint, and had the sweetest V6 ever. it was actually owned by andy reid of classic motorsports at one point- totally rust free, no dash cracks. unfortunately it is now in Chile, SA. a few more pics for you to enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Brentwood, TN checking in with Ti RWD. Picked up my car in Chicago two weeks ago and had a great drive home. Will be interesting to see how many Alfa enthusiasts we collect in year 1! Exterior pic is in the rain. But I'm liking my Montecarlo Blue and Tan combo a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey, I'm Steve...

I've lived my entire life minutes from center City Philly, but now I live in Palm Beach Gardens and work in West Palm.

I have a Trofeo White Quadrifoglio.
Philly born guy here -- Go Birds! Live in the north Orlando area now (21 years in So Cal before Florida).

We just ordered a Trofeo White Quadrifoglio to replace our Audi S4. Now the wait for the Alfa... :frown2:

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
118 Posts
407guy--- did they tell you 2017 or 2018 MY??

·
Registered
440 Posts
We ordered a 2017. Was told 5-6 months for delivery. We thought about waiting for the 2018s but if it's still 5-6 months for a 2018 that's probably 9 months from now (waiting to Aug/Sept to order a 2018). We don't (well, she doesn't) want to wait that long.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ok thats interesting. My dealer had a tricoat red on order that became available but its really not the color I wanted.... they called me a week ago and said they were given 2 spots for sept delivery, so I took one.. later they told me the car would be a 2018 and some of the options had changed..... for example, Harmon is standard on QV, the forward assist was removed from the DADP.. pricing not yet clear.. I thought sept delivery was optimistic but I'd rather wait for one with the options and Color I want.. Michael

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Def. If a dealer changes the allotment on my order I will say no thanks, and start again. I know what I want and for 80 grand I will get it. Alfa can handle it. Even with the limited interior options. One of my new friends from the Ferrari club said that he has actually talked to Marchionne and they were joking about how FCA loses money on every Quad they build. Well here's a news flash. You want to make money? Build the cars we ask for. Sure maybe you need to crank out some more Base models for the lot to do volume, but man, if an Alfisti is actually ordering a car, build it!

I think FCA is balancing production efficiency with actual demand. My local salesman who is a great car guy and super helpful, and knowledgeable. He was saying if I ordered a quad with regular brakes and it arrives with carbon, I can say no thanks, and my deposit stays there and I'm off the hook for the car that arrived. I wonder how the dealer markup possibilities play into all this? Will Alfa be more cooperative with a healthy markup?

Reactions: 407Guy and mibi

·
Registered
440 Posts
ok thats interesting. My dealer had a tricoat red on order that became available but its really not the color I wanted.... they called me a week ago and said they were given 2 spots for sept delivery, so I took one.. later they told me the car would be a 2018 and some of the options had changed..... for example, Harmon is standard on QV, the forward assist was removed from the DADP.. pricing not yet clear.. I thought sept delivery was optimistic but I'd rather wait for one with the options and Color I want.. Michael
Agree. Get what you want. If they are making the HK standard, no doubt there will be a price jump in 2018. :nerd:

And interesting a September delivery will be for a 2018 Quadrifoglio. Have my fingers crossed we'll get our car in late July before all of Europe goes on vacation for the month of August (or at least being shipped in August); but I'm not hopeful: our dealership said this week a car that was ordered in December just arrived = 5 months. *shrug*

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
For all South Florida Giulia owners:

There is a car meet coming up below. Go to it... I'll park next to you if I see a Giulia. Lets start the "Italian" section.

Official Cars & Coffee Miami

June 8 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am
CASAVANA (Miami), 8202 Mills Dr
Miami, FL 33183 United States + Google Map

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Agree. Get what you want. If they are making the HK standard, no doubt there will be a price jump in 2018. :nerd:

And interesting a September delivery will be for a 2018 Quadrifoglio. Have my fingers crossed we'll get our car in late July before all of Europe goes on vacation for the month of August (or at least being shipped in August); but I'm not hopeful: our dealership said this week a car that was ordered in December just arrived = 5 months. *shrug*
Thanks 407. I think 5 is more realistic especially with Augusto.

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
118 Posts
check out my new keychain., courtesy of ETSY, and Joojoob. i have to wait 4 months to get my car and wanted a little trinket to tide me over.

Attachments

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Philly born guy here -- Go Birds! Live in the north Orlando area now (21 years in So Cal before Florida).

We just ordered a Trofeo White Quadrifoglio to replace our Audi S4. Now the wait for the Alfa... :frown2:
I had a S4 (pulley, heat exchanger, intake, tune, and an abarth 500 with everything i could buy or make and a M3 just before liquidating them to get an S3, and pay for the move down here. I kinda wish I would have just kept s4 and waited to trade it on a suv now that the Alfa took the s3's garage space.

BTW - I am glad to say there are 2 places that have Amoroso rolls in Jupiter and WPB so there are actual cheesesteaks here (even though my diet forbids me to have them)... plus wawa. These people are going nuts every time a wawa opens :) They dont know what they've been missing (or why philly people suffer from obesity - soon they will all know the lovable bane that is wawa )

Great choice on Trofeo white. I actually bought mine at Greenway in East Orlando.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts