Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Am I the only person complaining about the "horrible sound" coming from the dashboard when i use my turn right/lefd indicator ?

Sincerely, I feel coming back 30 years ago on low cost utilitary vehicle ....
This is uncacceptable.
I tested some days ago a 500X car and the "sound" was OK.

I asked my car dealer, he told me there is no possibility to adjust the volume/level ; nor the kind of sound for sure !

Anyone there experimenting the same ?

Regards

·
Registered
236 Posts
No you're not the only one. I heard some other people complain about the clicking sound before. It doesn't really bother me though since it's not too different from my previous car (VW), plus, I play really loud music...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,954 Posts
The loud noise may be helpful in conjunction with the "position-less" turn signal stalk found on Giulia. Is that feature Giulia specific?

I wonder if there is a noise maker just for the turn signals or if the sound is piped through the sound system. If the former, the sound might be adjustable if one can locate the noise maker.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,954 Posts
The noise is generated by a buzzer integrated in the instrument cluster.
Thanks. Then if the owner thinks it is too loud it should be possible to "smother" it with sound damping materials. One just needs to figure out how to get to it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The car has turn signals??? Kidding! I don't mind the sound and I really like the way they operate. I like that the stalk always returns to the middle. And I like the 3 blinks when using them for passing/changing lanes.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Call me cynical, but it's an excellent way to not drive a mile with the darn indicator on...

Reactions: CarlG and tadslc
1 - 20 of 53 Posts