Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been scrolling through this forum for quite some time as I've been researching my replacement for the Monte Carlo. The shortlist included the Charger Daytona 392 and Giulia Ti Sport. After extensive research and driving both, I've decided on the Giulia. I look forward to spending even more time on this forum and can't wait to make my purchase.

One of the biggest hang ups I had on my decision was the dealership network. I'm in the NW burbs and there are 3 dealerships within a 40 mile radius. Schaumburg, Evanston, Naperville and Kenosha, WI. I test drove the car from Schaumburg, it was nice but the sales guy didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge and to be completely honest even stated some misinformation a few times. I've dealt with the dealership chain before, mom bought a new Chrysler from them a few years ago, the experience was less than stellar. That has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. If anyone in the area has personal experience dealing with the local dealerships I'd greatly appreciate a little direction.

Also, as a DIYer has anyone found a good source for parts online? Rock Auto is my go to for the CX-5 and Monte but they have sparse inventory on Alfa parts. I'm not anticipating a lot of aftermarket alternatives, so a reliable and reasonable OE parts store would be great.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
This car is not like cars in the past. It's an electronic device (and a rather sophisticated one) that controls a mechanical device. It very nearly simulates a car insofar as everything is controlled by multiple computers that talk to each other, and learn how you drive, as well as seemingly constantly fine-tuning your car's performance. Mod with extreme caution, and do a lot of research first. The only things I've done which are probably all I'm going to do, is changed to lighter wheels (for performance), replaced the 25w headlight bulbs with 35w bulbs, and upgrade the intake and ECU tune with the V2 intake and tune from Eurocompulsion who are forum vendors.

This car is so sophisticated, Eurocompulsion had to buy a new and equally sophisticated dyno machine just to dyno it, because the car somehow knew it wasn't actually moving on any other dyno.

This car is a joy to drive and be in; you'll love it once you get one. Oh... and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
232 Posts
My only in depth dealer experience is with Autobarn in Evanston. I purchased my car there, and Kane Stiles the sales guy is knowledgeable about the brand. Back in November, they had the car I wanted in stock and the other area dealers did not, so there was no need for me to go elsewhere. I was treated very well and my experience was good. But most importantly - LOVE my Giulia

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
50 Posts
Hi all, I've been scrolling through this forum for quite some time as I've been researching my replacement for the Monte Carlo. The shortlist included the Charger Daytona 392 and Giulia Ti Sport. After extensive research and driving both, I've decided on the Giulia. I look forward to spending even more time on this forum and can't wait to make my purchase.

One of the biggest hang ups I had on my decision was the dealership network. I'm in the NW burbs and there are 3 dealerships within a 40 mile radius. Schaumburg, Evanston, Naperville and Kenosha, WI. I test drove the car from Schaumburg, it was nice but the sales guy didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge and to be completely honest even stated some misinformation a few times. I've dealt with the dealership chain before, mom bought a new Chrysler from them a few years ago, the experience was less than stellar. That has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. If anyone in the area has personal experience dealing with the local dealerships I'd greatly appreciate a little direction.

Also, as a DIYer has anyone found a good source for parts online? Rock Auto is my go to for the CX-5 and Monte but they have sparse inventory on Alfa parts. I'm not anticipating a lot of aftermarket alternatives, so a reliable and reasonable OE parts store would be great.
Hi there, I had a similar experience with the dealer you referenced. They also played some pricing games with me. I visited 2 other dealers, and the experience was just a click better. I ended up leasing from the Schaumburg dealer, mostly because they made good on the price, but also because they are close to me and they had the exact Giulia equipped the way I wanted it.

I am still a bit nervous about the entire dealer network. But I fell in love with the car so hard that I decided I will deal with ANYTHING to make this my daily driver. I dealt with a salesman named Peter at the Schaumburg dealership. Very laid back guy and nice to work with. Tell him the mayor sent you.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I echo the review for Evanston Autobarn, including the most knowledgable Kane! The service center is also very nice to deal with and important.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I echo the review for Evanston Autobarn, including the most knowledgable Kane! The service center is also very nice to deal with and important.
Agreed as well, no games on the sales side. Just be honest w/them and go in with your lowest offer, they'll do their best to work with you. Their service department is another story though. Both times that my car was in there was not a good experience at all. Regardless though, they made it right in both cases.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Let me put in a good word for Italian Motorworks in Naperville. I leased mine through Matt McNichol and he was very good to work with. They have a large inventory to choose from, and will match the prices that Evanston advertises. Also, they have a top notch service department with highly skilled mechanics who work almost exclusively on Maseratis, Alfas and Fiats.
Autobarn in Evanston is also excellent and has great prices on a large in-stock inventory.
Avoid New City Alfa Romeo on South Michigan Avenue at all costs. Complete slimy scam artists.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agree with ChiGuy, bought my QV at Naperville in January worked with Sean and he and the team there were great. They keep a decent amount of inventory and service department is top notch.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I live in Kenosha and can say that the dealership in Kenosha is not the best I ended up buying mine used at the Chevy dealer here in town and went to the Alfa Dealer for my recall and some questions. It was terrible service and they were not able to fully answer my questions. In general I have been in and out of the dealership a few times when I was car searching and they sales team seems ot be very cutthroat and if they do not get you to agree with them they just push you aside and don't care about you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Agree with ChiGuy, bought my QV at Naperville in January worked with Sean and he and the team there were great. They keep a decent amount of inventory and service department is top notch.
I Mirror both ChiGuy and Fortunato17 - Love Matt, Sean, and the Service Department at Naperville Italian Motorworks!

For Aftermarket, I have and will continue to go with Eurocompulsion. Chris and the whole team are fantastic - even called me back on a Saturday evening!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with u ChiGuy, ordered my Vesuvio Grey Q4 Ti PP from Naperville Italian Motorworks and also bought a 500x.
Dealer experience has been good and service has been good, as for the sales staff, Mat, Sean and others, all I can say is they are honest and Knowledgeable of Alfa's, Fiat and Maserati. Cant wait for my Giulia to arrive.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'll definitely have to give Naperville and Addison a shot.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's nice to know there are some options out there. Personally, I've had GREAT service at the Schaumburg dealership.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Let me put in a good word for Italian Motorworks in Naperville. I leased mine through Matt McNichol and he was very good to work with. They have a large inventory to choose from, and will match the prices that Evanston advertises. Also, they have a top notch service department with highly skilled mechanics who work almost exclusively on Maseratis, Alfas and Fiats.
Autobarn in Evanston is also excellent and has great prices on a large in-stock inventory.
Avoid New City Alfa Romeo on South Michigan Avenue at all costs. Complete slimy scam artists.
Let me put in another thumbs up for Naperville. It was not a painful experience, like I have endured with previous cars. Sean my salesman knew a lot about the car and was very friendly. I was satisfied with the deal we made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.