Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Giulia QV (Rosso Comp, Black/Red interior, Sparcos)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word from my salesman that my car arrived at the port in Baltimore this morning. Estimated arrival is 6/10 in KC.

I drove the local dealer's demo car and I was hooked instantly. I'm coming from a '16 M2 (long beach blue, DCT).

My car is spec'd as follows:

Trofeo White
Black/red interior
Black seats w/ red stitching
Drivers assist
Dark Technico wheels
Steel brakes w/ red calipers
Harmon Kardon audio
Carbon fiber steering wheel

If my estimated arrival date is correct, I will have to wait an extra week to pick up my car from the dealer due to being out of town for a wedding. It's going to feel like forever!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Twins!

Almost... mine is exactly like yours except mine has green and white stitching with black interior.

You'll love everything about it, even the wrongs. Beautiful car!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost... mine is exactly like yours except mine has green and white stitching with black interior.

You'll love everything about it, even the wrongs. Beautiful car!
How are you liking the white? It was pretty difficult for me not to go with red on my first Italian car but I've always desperately wanted a pearl white.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
It'll be a nice wedding gift, even though it's not your wedding.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This white is sexy. You'll love it. Not your normal run of the mill white. It's a deep pearl that shines well. I find myself washing the car every other day right now just do to the pollen though. Once it's dirty, the pearl seems to disappear, but still looks good. Get some good brushes for your wheels. A long skinny one to fit between your wheel and calipers is needed. You'll have to roll the car forward to reach the part of the calipers that's covered by the wheel though while you're washing it...

I've got my windows tinted, be careful, my amp got wet and fried its self. Still don't have that fixed. I also got the 3M wrap done. Looks great!

Tinted windows looks amazing on the white!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got my windows tinted, be careful, my amp got wet and fried its self.
I've heard about this. Where is the amp located? Tinting the windows soon is going to be really important with all of the sun we get here in Denver but I intend on warning the shop about using too much liquid wherever the amp is located.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yup, cover your amp and line the shelf to absorb moisture during tinting. Maybe even unplug it.

When did you place your order?

Congrats! :D

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
796 Posts
Oh yeah!

You're gonna love your new whip. DEN Giulia owners gotta represent, cuz we've got some of the best driving options in the world!! Colorado front range twisties and the state in general is a playground for the new G.

Congrats. Love to see the car sometime. Maybe Centennial State AR club run later this summer? I'm game.

C

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just got word from my salesman that my car arrived at the port in Baltimore this morning. Estimated arrival is 6/10 in KC.

I drove the local dealer's demo car and I was hooked instantly. I'm coming from a '16 M2 (long beach blue, DCT).

Trofeo White
Black/red interior
Drivers assist
Dark Technico wheels
Harmon Kardon audio

If my estimated arrival date is correct, I will have to wait an extra week to pick up my car from the dealer due to being out of town for a wedding. It's going to feel like forever!
Congrats!

Except for the wheels, that is what we ordered. :D

Mind I ask you how long you've been waiting (since order date)? Thx.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

Trofeo White
Black/red interior
Drivers assist
Dark Technico wheels
Harmon Kardon audio

Congratulations!..what did you do with the M2???...trading it in?
The M2 is on my radar but in a manual....it feels like my E30 M3 but on steroids!....interesting cross shop???...did you decide you needed more than a 2dr coupe`?...
Salve
M

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When did you place your order?
I'm not sure when exactly it was officially placed. I contacted my dealer at the end of February but there was a delaying in getting answers from the regional rep, I poked Alfa Romeo USA to try to accelerate things and I would say by March 15th it was officially ordered. It was around then at least.

Oh yeah!

You're gonna love your new whip. DEN Giulia owners gotta represent, cuz we've got some of the best driving options in the world!!

Congrats. Love to see the car sometime. Maybe Centennial State AR club run later this summer? I'm game.

C
I'll have to check it out. Taking out Mike Ward's demo car around some of the canyon roads was the easiest sell ever. I was hooked. Just had to find a dealer who could get me a custom ordered car asap so I had to order elsewhere.

Mind I ask you how long you've been waiting (since order date)? Thx.
Roughly since March 15th. There was awhile it was enqueued and then all of a sudden the status changed to built and waiting to ship.

Come see us when you get your car, we have lots of nice goodies we can set you up with.
Oooh, will do! I love supporting local businesses. I'll need to run by Adam's too if I'm heading up north.

..what did you do with the M2???...trading it in?
...did you decide you needed more than a 2dr coupe
I'll be trading in the M2 on the QV. It is more beneficial for me to trade and get the sales tax savings than it is for me to sell privately and try to make up the difference after considering the sales tax.

I love the M2. It's a phenomenal car. Best BMW I've owned (e36 M3, e92 m3) and it replaced my 991 C2 7MT (naturally aspirated engines are a bummer at this altitude). I picked up the M2 over an M3/4 too. But I like to try as many different cars as I can and while the M2 is a great driving machine, the inside feels kind of corporate like most modern BMWs. They're great cars and everything is where you'd expect but the Giulia just felt more passionate and theatrical and I haven't really had that in any of my German cars.

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Roughly since March 15th. There was awhile it was enqueued and then all of a sudden the status changed to built and waiting to ship.
Thanks! That seems like a relatively quick time from ordering to receiving -- at least what I have been reading. Good for you.

Hopefully that translates into a quicker time than the 5-6 months we were told.

:grin2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That seems like a relatively quick time from ordering to receiving ...
My dealer was surprised. It skipped several stages. It sounds like there might have been a white QV mostly built already or something.

·
Registered
118 Posts
tyler-
I agree-- the timing seems too fast for a complete brand new build, but my dealer said sept delivery for my May order of a 2018 MY, which considering august holiday would be same build time as yours.. I wonder if they have some pre-made bodies already painted in the top 2-3 colors, and put them together as soon as they get confirmed order...i tried to make one change 2 weeks after placing my order, but was told AR wont make any changes after order is finalized, even to the dealer ordered stock cars. you are lucky. enjoy

·
Registered
440 Posts
my dealer said sept delivery for my May order of a 2018 MY,
Did they say what year for your September delivery??? J/K

I hope for you that is correct information but from what I have been reading I cannot imagine AR having a customer order for a 2018 model year available in September 2017.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My dealer was surprised. It skipped several stages. It sounds like there might have been a white QV mostly built already or something.
I think .... AR Cassino found a car matching the build description that hadn't been assigned yet. I've seen a few other special orders show up right away, meanwhile others take longer. Our Ti took four months including the boat ride to San Diego. It's good logistics on AR's part.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My car left the port yesterday and is expected to be delivered to my dealer next week. All of the excitement that I've deferred until now is just starting to hit like a ton of bricks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Window Tint Water Intrusion

Tyler,
Before you get your windows tinted go See Steve Kathol at Autonation Service Department in Northglenn. He'll show you how to shield your amp and where the water comes in from the back window. It travels down a set of wires and drips right onto the amp.
They know from direct experience how to shield the amp.

Sandro

I've heard about this. Where is the amp located? Tinting the windows soon is going to be really important with all of the sun we get here in Denver but I intend on warning the shop about using too much liquid wherever the amp is located.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts