Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello crew! Looking to replace the wife's 2013 Audi S4 with a Quadrifoglio. We had a chance to test drive one this past weekend. Wow, that exhaust in Race mode. Unbelievable! Biggest decision at this point is whether the Sparco are worth the money. Looking forward to this forum. (Central Florida location.)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will add we were looking at the Ghibli S and Levante S at first but after finally seeing and driving the Alfa, no doubt which one to buy.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Lucky you that were able to drive it... So far I've been only able to test base and Ti albeit alone ;)

How did you feel about the Q performance coming from an S4? I know it's hard to compare in a short test drive but did you get an impression?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello crew! Looking to replace the wife's 2013 Audi S4 with a Quadrifoglio. We had a chance to test drive one this past weekend. Wow, that exhaust in Race mode. Unbelievable! Biggest decision at this point is whether the Sparco are worth the money. Looking forward to this forum. (Central Florida location.)

carbon seat doesnt have heating and only two way adjustment. I will say normal seat is a better bit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with Bohuaibohuai. I was really leaning towards the carbon Sparcos, but the dealer had a chance to sit in them at an Alfa dealer event and was really pushing me away from them. Said they're a true RACING seat and way too uncomfortable for non-track use. I know that full carbon fiber seat back is sexy(and I'm a carbon fiber fanatic), but not having power or heat was a big turn off for me and it's a daily so I din't want to be uncomfortable in a racing seat.

I will also say the normal leather/alcantara seats are fantastic. Not only do they have the traditional power forward/back, up/down, and seat recline, BUT they also have power bolstering, so you can get some REALLY good bolstering for any body type that should suit anyone's spirited driving needs.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky you that were able to drive it... So far I've been only able to test base and Ti albeit alone ;)

How did you feel about the Q performance coming from an S4? I know it's hard to compare in a short test drive but did you get an impression?
The Q was obviously a tad quicker and the steering felt a bit better. We have an aftermarket downpipe and exhaust on the S4 (by AWE and HIGHLY recommend their exhaust) which makes the S4 sound "sick" -- told to my wife by a few different people but the Q exhaust sound is amazing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the comments on the Sparco seats.

My wife is leaning away from the Sparco seats since it will be her daily driver.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I test drove a Quadrifoglio last Friday with the Sparco seats. I found them mildly uncomfortable, and definitely wouldn't want them in a day to day car.

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
249 Posts
I looked at a QV this past weekend and while I could easily fit into the Sparcos there is no way I would get them since they are not heated. Especially since I plan on using it as a daily in the MW.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There is no way the Sparcos are a "true racing seat". Not even close. They aren't even as aggressive as Porsche LWB's which are also not really racing seats. They do flex a bit, which will feel weird to some, but they aren't uncomfortable. They aren't even that skinny.

I'm getting the Sparcos, but I don't know if I would if this were going to be my primary car, and that's because of lack of heat. For a 100 days per year car, I can easily live without the heat.

BTW, I'm pretty sure you lose the heated steering wheel also when you tick this option.

The regular seats are a little wide for me and I love the way the Sparcos look now that I've sat in them in person. They are gorgeous IMO.

YMMV of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts