Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
Great ideas! I was thinking it should be possible to wrap the V; did they do it in situ, or did they pull the fascia to remove the grill? Looks great!

I bet the CF wrap on the front spoiler looks good, too!

I want to do both of those things...and the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I like the look of the carbon fiber "V" and emblem. Glad i got them.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wrapped my mirror covers during winter, today took of bumper cover to remove grill and wrap it in black really like the outcome at the same time wrapped the back reflectors in black, looks much cleaner ✌

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Okay. Aside from the wraps has anyone tried to apply the ceramic coat themselves? I am thinking about it. I had the bra added before it shipped since we bought it out of state new. I want to add the carbon fiber V and emblem. If I understand there are two vendors one is the grill and the V and the other is the V only and the emblem cover. How does the carbon grill look with the black grill on each side? I think they should have just added that on the QV as an option for the carbon package but what do i know. it has a very sharp look. Vendors ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay. Aside from the wraps has anyone tried to apply the ceramic coat themselves? I am thinking about it. I had the bra added before it shipped since we bought it out of state new. I want to add the carbon fiber V and emblem. If I understand there are two vendors one is the grill and the V and the other is the V only and the emblem cover. How does the carbon grill look with the black grill on each side? I think they should have just added that on the QV as an option for the carbon package but what do i know. it has a very sharp look. Vendors ?
I would imagine ceramic coating your self would be difficult. I just buy my carbon fiber stuff from ebay.

·
Registered
387 Posts

I just did a ceramic coat yesterday. Gyeon Can Coat. Easy if you follow all the prep instructions and use the right products. It’s totally DIY able. They also have a great follow up system that maintains the ceramic coat, and pretty amazing products overall.
Water just sheets off, and the depth of lustre is beautiful. Shitty shots in the garage where I did it. I’ll do better ones this weekend.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I just did a ceramic coat yesterday. Gyeon Can Coat. Easy if you follow all the prep instructions and use the right products. It’s totally DIY able. They also have a great follow up system that maintains the ceramic coat, and pretty amazing products overall.
Water just sheets off, and the depth of lustre is beautiful. Shitty shots in the garage where I did it. I’ll do better ones this weekend.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This looks terrific. I am a want it done right do it yourself person. Sometimes that is not a good idea but I think in this case I am going to use the same product you did and DIY

·
Registered
387 Posts
This looks terrific. I am a want it done right do it yourself person. Sometimes that is not a good idea but I think in this case I am going to use the same product you did and DIY

Minime
Go for your life. Just don’t do the windscreens like I did. It’s no biggie, but I’ve gotta clay the windows now. They make a special window product so get that. The car looks freakin awesome. Go Can Coat!
Just make sure you follow the prep to the letter.
Hey I don’t want to sound like a Gyeon rep, but they make a drying towel and it’s one of those “I can’t believe that product just did that” products. Just get one and I’ll refund your money if you don’t like it.

https://youtu.be/DI7AQ2l7l_g

·
Registered
387 Posts

PS. Other learnings apart from Can Coating the windows.
Use Q2 View (ceramic window coat) for the Windows. It’s awesome and a much better idea than Can Coat. Easy to apply. Lasts a couple of years apparently.
If you do use Can Coat, apply Cure (keeps the ceramic coat up, increases shine, avoids water spots) about a day after, but don’t apply to anything hot, like the car bonnet as I did. It leaves a dark streak (easy removed with APC) if it dries before you buff it.

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,102 Posts
So I stopped by my favorite vinyl shop to have them tint the windows, put some PPF film on the car and as we were wrapping up (no pun intended) we decided to wrap the front emblem....I love it
Did you remove the "v" to wrap it? if so, how?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.