Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,556 Posts
Here's my render... it's of Alfa's dealer network (sorry west coast but this was the best image I could find with my very limited googling)

Map World Font Atlas Art

Reactions: beaups

·
Registered
92 Posts
Some of these are starting to look a little too Mazda-ish.
It's funny you should say that - I have had a theory for a while now that Mazda consciously set out to be (from a design perspective, at least, and perhaps from a positioning perspective - though definitely not a commercial perspective) the Alfa Romeo of Asia. Aesthetically there are some remarkable similarities, the adoption of a signature red shade, and the emotive brand positioning all about soul and driving pleasure.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's funny you should say that - I have had a theory for a while now that Mazda consciously set out to be (from a design perspective, at least, and perhaps from a positioning perspective - though definitely not a commercial perspective) the Alfa Romeo of Asia. Aesthetically there are some remarkable similarities, the adoption of a signature red shade, and the emotive brand positioning all about soul and driving pleasure.
Yep totally agree, specially in the 60s and 70s and early 80s. The 1st series RX7 had that wedge design for the time, imagine if Bertone or Giugiaro got a hold of it. And definitely Mazda was trying to position itself as different from the mainstream with the rotary. Ohhhh I do miss my lawn mower that used destroy the Monaro back in the day....

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
67 Posts
Also funny you should say that. I actually came from the Mazda world. Multiple Rx7s speed protege, speed Miata, and currently own a speed 6. I moved to Alfa because they are very similar in terms of driving dynamics and design philosophy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think Mazda definitely had that spirit back in the 60s, 70s and into the 80s - back then they were very much doing their own thing - and then they lost it for a while. My comment was more specifically prompted by Mazda's more recent renaissance, roughly aligning to Mazda's 'Kodo' era design and philosophy for the past 10-12 years, which I think has a particularly Alfa feel to it. Which is not to take anything away from Mazda, they produce some great cars - and it's so nice to see a car marker get its mojo back. Now if only Honda could recapture its pre-Y2K glory!

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,556 Posts
I'm confused; do you mean each dot represents an Alfa dealer? Maybe an Alfa owner? A Subway franchise?
Since we're joking/wishing about Alfa future state, I joked about having a vast dealer network; though my limited googling found this image which prioritizes the east coast

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also funny you should say that. I actually came from the Mazda world. Multiple Rx7s speed protege, speed Miata, and currently own a speed 6. I moved to Alfa because they are very similar in terms of driving dynamics and design philosophy.
Had a a red 2008 M6 GH wagon, great interior with the "wet suit" style seats. Great when the brood were small, then a 2014 M6 didn't like it as much as the 2008. Then back onto Alfa Romeo, we sold our 75 needed ca$h! Oddly enough the 2014 had an ordinary infotainment system but got map upgrades!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts