Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a model year 2018, built 7/17, that I took delivery on new in 5/18, and I have software version 053.001.004

I have 7 radio presets and car play, but I am wondering if that's the latest version as I've seen people on the forum talk about version 55, 56, and even 59.

For those of you with a QV, what version do you have?

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I spoke with FCA customer care who told me my radio version was the latest. I find that hard to believe since there are numerous reports on the forum of people on software 55 or higher

Can anyone with a QV confirm if they have something higher then 53?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Probably not the right forum for this thread, but anyway yeah the latest infotainment software you can download for 18s is 056.000.007. I've seen multiple references to a 059 version but have been unable to find a download link. Assuming it's ok to link to a different forum, here's a great post with download links and clear instructions if you want to attempt a software update yourself.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll check but wonder if the qv has the same version

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Odd then that FCA said I was up to date

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI I just took delivery of my Q.V. July 6th and it has version 59.
What's the full version#?

I'm taking mine in on Friday and will push for version 59

Also congrats on the qv!

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here you go....... and thank you. The car is amazing as you know. Love the community here as well!

Thanks. I'm going to push for this update then

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
any 2018 giulia (or Stelvio), as said before, there's no difference in infotainment between models.

it also has the function to enable/disable easy access for the driver seat

Attachments

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any 2018 giulia (or Stelvio), as said before, there's no difference in infotainment between models.

it also has the function to enable/disable easy access for the driver seat
That's what I thought but they told me I was up to date at v053

·
Registered
869 Posts
There have been regional updates in the past. Be careful updating software to these minor updates - you may cause issues (which is probably why they said you were up to date).

Unless you find a changelog or have actual issues I'd not upgrade.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There have been regional updates in the past. Be careful updating software to these minor updates - you may cause issues (which is probably why they said you were up to date).

Unless you find a changelog or have actual issues I'd not upgrade.
Yeah I guess I'll have to wait until first year service. I found an update link online but not worth risking it. Little to gain, lot to lose

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yeah. The 1st update was worth the fight/risk for so many of us as the 1st software was basically unusable. So many of us demanded and fought hard and then found back ways to get the update.

These little 52 to 53 updates are probably not worth it just as you say.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I had my first service done on my 2018 QV with 2000 miles manufactured July 2017. I brought it in mainly for adjustments and updates. I have 53 version software I believe. My first impression after providing a list of about 7 issues to the service adviser was that the place didn't have many personnel or Alfa Romeo vehicles around but a fair number of $165 K Maseratis sitting on the showroom floor.
The adviser was not very friendly. I arranged for my own ride.
So the next day the service manger calls me and states that they only do RRT's and none of the new software was suitable for my vehicle; so I referred her to this thread and dropped off a copy of the picture with the 56 software versions. They weren't interested. She also acted dumb about ACP and then said only Apple could install it since it was proprietary!!! And then said about half the 2018's had ACP but the others would require a new head unit and AR wasn't providing this. Of course I protested to no avail. So I wasn't happy and I think only one item on my list was accomplished: reducing the sensitivity of the interior alarm.
A very disappointing first service!
(FYI Stevens Creek Maserati Alfa Romeo in San Jose)

I hope there is a class action Law suit re the ACP issue

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I had my first service done on my 2018 QV with 2000 miles manufactured July 2017. I brought it in mainly for adjustments and updates. I have 53 version software I believe. My first impression after providing a list of about 7 issues to the service adviser was that the place didn't have many personnel or Alfa Romeo vehicles around but a fair number of $165 K Maseratis sitting on the showroom floor.
The adviser was not very friendly. I arranged for my own ride.
So the next day the service manger calls me and states that they only do RRT's and none of the new software was suitable for my vehicle; so I referred her to this thread and dropped off a copy of the picture with the 56 software versions. They weren't interested. She also acted dumb about ACP and then said only Apple could install it since it was proprietary!!! And then said about half the 2018's had ACP but the others would require a new head unit and AR wasn't providing this. Of course I protested to no avail. So I wasn't happy and I think only one item on my list was accomplished: reducing the sensitivity of the interior alarm.
A very disappointing first service!
(FYI Stevens Creek Maserati Alfa Romeo in San Jose)

I hope there is a class action Law suit re the ACP issue
Do you have the driver assistance package?
I think version 53 is for those without it and 56 for those with. That's my conclusion after going in to service today and failing to get upgraded to v56.

Also you need a new service dealer. I went to a different one compared to where I bought it from and it was night and day difference.

When I got my qv i didn't have ACP, and when they tried to install it, it failed, yet when I plugged in my iPhone it worked, so there is hope

1 - 20 of 39 Posts