Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently my Quad is at the port in Florida (been there for awhile) according to my Alfa rep waiting on what I was told is a "bevy" of software updates...not sure exactly what they are or how many. Mine was in the last production run for 2017.

I do know bevy means - a lot :surprise:

Anyway - still waiting...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
So apparently my Quad is at the port in Florida (been there for awhile) according to my Alfa rep waiting on what I was told is a "bevy" of software updates...not sure exactly what they are or how many. Mine was in the last production run for 2017.

I do know bevy means - a lot :surprise:

Anyway - still waiting...
That sounds about right. The first batch of 4Cs were stuck in-port three months without a word. As AR learns about new 'issues' and finds 'solutions', they do tend to apply certain fixes 'in-port' rather than letting the dealer do it. What this delay really means to you is that you should have car with less 'issues'. That sure beats being stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
It'll be in your hands before you know it!

How did your measurements go with the car's height in relation to the lift ceiling?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
there are indeed quite a few software patch updates that are important...doing them at the port is odd..at least to me...usually at the port they address any shipping snafus...maybe a slight ding, scratch etc...
the initial batch of Quads arrived in Baltimore in Oct/Nov??..don't recall now...but were not released until Dec./Jan.
at least you know its here!!!
ENJOY!

·
Registered
52 Posts
New models have to be inspected by federal government to make sure they meet emissions standards. Thanks to VW and its cheating, they are even more vigilant.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My TI delivered to dealer on 6/2/17 old software

·
Registered
789 Posts
presume old software, if your car is new

many of the service departments for the dealerships are still coming up to speed on doing software updates. My first visit for a check engine light repair resulted in the dealer loading the new software but not instructing it to boot. Took a second visit to fully understand how the upgrade process works.

Would be nice if one of the Alfisti would chime in with a technique to see the software versions on the screen. I think I know how, but would defer to one of our senior members.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
many of the service departments for the dealerships are still coming up to speed on doing software updates. My first visit for a check engine light repair resulted in the dealer loading the new software but not instructing it to boot. Took a second visit to fully understand how the upgrade process works.

Would be nice if one of the Alfisti would chime in with a technique to see the software versions on the screen. I think I know how, but would defer to one of our senior members.
I don't know the answer. If you know the answer, spill it please.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK - the rep got my car released, apparently headed for the truck...

I think a lot of this (like with everything) who screams the loudest, squeaky wheel etc...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hehe, software versions, like updating your computer. The new era.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts