Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my Giulia Quad for a June delivery. I am very excited but I am new to Alfa.

I have been involved in the performance aftermarket for cars for several decades. I most certianly will want to modify with software, exhausts, carbon intakes and intercoolers. Who is the leader in this field. In other words the APR or Dinan for Alfa?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Welcome to the (future) club.

APR Audi VW is primarily a Bosch/Siemens house.

Alfa Romeo has Magnetti Marelli as a key supplier of ECM body and performance modules.

It's only a matter of time till the aftermarket tuners get ahold of the cars to do some tweaking. Leaning out the A/F ratio a bit and bumping the boost a bit is in short order for sure. In the interim, ask us how to dyno the cars? LOL. Seems as though the car doesn't want the front wheels to be stationary whatsoever.

The intercooler system in these cars is water/air and the packaging of the cooling system and turbo intercooler rads is TIGHT. Certainly room for improvement. A larger higher flow circulator pump will be one thing that'll pop up as a mod I'm sure. The CTS-V and Ford supercharged crowds have been doing this for years.

Though, the Quadrifoglio can do in excess of 150mph for extended periods already. First mod, learn to drive it fast first. ;)

Will post a picture later on of the cooling system components...

Link for ECM supplier and interesting reading: http://www.magnetimarelli.com/press_room/news/2015-frankfurt-motor-show-magneti-marelli-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio

Reactions: mc3456

·
Vendor
619 Posts
The QV utilizes Bosch ECU's and the Ti/Lusso utilize Magnetti Marelli ECU's.

We have begun development a short while back on both vehicles.

A lot of the systems in these cars are prominent in the Alfa 4C and the Fiat Abarth.

They are updated but follow the similar delivery systems and similar methods (algorithms/sensor relationships etc.)

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just ordered my Giulia Quad for a June delivery. I am very excited but I am new to Alfa.

I have been involved in the performance aftermarket for cars for several decades. I most certianly will want to modify with software, exhausts, carbon intakes and intercoolers. Who is the leader in this field. In other words the APR or Dinan for Alfa?
Personally I think the Quad Stock is perfect as it is. How much faster do want to go, really. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I think the Quad Stock is perfect as it is. How much faster do want to go, really. Just my 2 cents.
No matter what a car is stock it has much room for improvement. I have a Porsche GT3 which is great stock but there are tons of mods I have made improving lap times multi seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts