Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 12k miles on my Giulia and am so pleased. The lease is up on my wifes car and she wants to replace it with another Ford Escape Titanium which is their fully outfitted model. Her brother in an exec with Ford and we get a pretty decent discount on top of incentives. We have had numerous Ford product for her and the kids for the last 20 years. Super reliable cars. I decide to stop by the SM Alfa dealer and find out i can get a Stelvio Ti with a sticker of $47k for about the same $$ as the $37k Ford Escape. I got her over to both dealerships to look at both cars and she wont consider the Alfa. She just like her Ford and the Alfa seems foreign to her. I simply cant get her off the Escape and on to the Stelvio. “ You can drive your Alfa Romeo but I am driving a Ford”. I was so close to nirvana!
Happy wife equals happy life. No double Alfa for me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here's the great thing about your scenario. You don't have to drive her car.

I did the same thing with my wife. she wanted an MB. tried to get her to consider a bunch of different options. came close to buying an Audi and at the last minute at the dealer she said Nope i want to buy an MB. OKay. MB it is!

It would only be Nirvana if she wanted the Alfa. If you bought it and she hated it and was stuck with it it would be as far away from Nirvana as you could imagine.

Enjoy the new Ford and move on.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have 12k miles on my Giulia and am so pleased. The lease is up on my wifes car and she wants to replace it with another Ford Escape Titanium which is their fully outfitted model. Her brother in an exec with Ford and we get a pretty decent discount on top of incentives. We have had numerous Ford product for her and the kids for the last 20 years. Super reliable cars. I decide to stop by the SM Alfa dealer and find out i can get a Stelvio Ti with a sticker of $47k for about the same $$ as the $37k Ford Escape. I got her over to both dealerships to look at both cars and she wont consider the Alfa. She just like her Ford and the Alfa seems foreign to her. I simply cant get her off the Escape and on to the Stelvio. “ You can drive your Alfa Romeo but I am driving a Ford”. I was so close to nirvana!
Happy wife equals happy life. No double Alfa for me.
Divorce is also a welcome option at times of a serious impasse such as this. >:)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I could see a problem if you only had one car. You get to drive what you want and she gets to drive what she wants. Look on the bright side, if she got an Alfa and loved it she might be stealing your car all the time:wink2:

·
Registered
176 Posts
My wife wants to get the Stelvio after she's done with her JCW MINI...happy wife...happy husband :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my wife. She wants an Audi Q5 badly, I want her in a Stelvio.

We're at a stalemate now, dealer says they have a nice Stelvio Lusso coming, maybe that'll sway her. Her current car, an Audi A6 Avant still going strong so I have a little more time to "negotiate"

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
My wife likes the idea of standardization across vehicles so you can move from one to the other with 0 learning curve or adjustment regarding controls, etc. We did this with two Audi's prior to me getting the Guilia, so now I think I've got her sold on a Stelvio when it's time to replace the Q5!

·
Registered
691 Posts
My wife likes the idea of standardization across vehicles so you can move from one to the other with 0 learning curve or adjustment regarding controls, etc. We did this with two Audi's prior to me getting the Guilia, so now I think I've got her sold on a Stelvio when it's time to replace the Q5!
My wife's the opposite. She actually likes the Stelvio, but she thinks owning two Alfa's would be like the old couples wearing the same track suits, or matching t-shirts. She's not into that, and frankly, neither am I. So, we may settle on the Maserati Levante instead. Kissing cousins, so quite not so inbred.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
Do you get A-plan, Joearch? If so, you can probably negotiate a lower price. But once you've identified yourself as an A-plan customers most dealers won't budge.

My wife is thinking of a Stelvio to replace her Cherokee. While it's her choice, I think she'll find the Stelvio too small and confusing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My wife has been driving MB sedans and SUVs for many years. After we bought the QV and she had driven it a number of times, the Stelvios showed up in the dealerships. She reluctantly agreed to test drive a nice Ti. Five minutes into the drive she said she was over her GLC 300. So now the garage houses a QV, a Stelvio and an LE 4C!

·
Registered
86 Posts
And I might add that our son's garage now houses a QV and a Stelvio. Our DIL happily traded their MB GLK for Stelvio. So we are now a 5 - Alfa family!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you get A-plan, Joearch? If so, you can probably negotiate a lower price. But once you've identified yourself as an A-plan customers most dealers won't budge.

My wife is thinking of a Stelvio to replace her Cherokee. While it's her choice, I think she'll find the Stelvio too small and confusing.
Yes, i do get the A plan. I have the pin in place. I have been been dealing with the sales manager and he claims thjs is the best price he can do. He showed me his computer screen. A plan price is this, current rebates and incentives from ford are this, Ford Motor credit rates and residuals are this. Here is your oit of pocket and here is your monthly payment. He was oretty cool as he gave me the numbers over the phone with out coming in last week. When i went in yesterday they were the same.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The same car and not having to learn a new car is half of Ann’s thinking. The other half is driving American. She likes her Escape’s and they have been trouble free cars. Its just the Stelvio deals are amazing right now. Almost $8000 off a $47k car. I guess they need to get ride of the 18’s.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I don't question whether the A-plan price you received is correct. Dealers hungry to move vehicles off their lots will sometimes accept less for them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't question whether the A-plan price you received is correct. Dealers hungry to move vehicles off their lots will sometimes accept less for them.
We found a car she liked. Loaded up Titanium model, had to be white or silver. Coukd have got better overall deal on a SEL model.

So the Selvio was the metallic white with red/black interior. I thought that would be appealing to her. Not so. I guess i am moving on. I have better things to worry about, or do I?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
While I find that important with cameras, I usually adjust quickly when switching between cars. The toughest are those rainy night rentals.

I guess i am moving on. I have better things to worry about, or do I?
If that's the biggest challenge you've faced lately, count yourself a lucky man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts