Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Chicagoland area we are getting hit pretty hard with a snowstorm. I'm very happy with the QV (with winters) going through anywhere between 4-7" snow on the way to work. Whew!

Most of people in the office are working at home, so maybe some playtime in the parking lot after work????

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they anticipate about 2-3". It's crickets here at the office.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It's funny that you made it with a sports car and all those big bulging SUVs stayed at home.
They were also surprised I made it in today

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
6-10" in metro Detroit (more south/less north). Roads were passable and lightly populated for my drive to the office. Had my first ABS stop at a slippery intersection I normally time the light and cruise through. Snow tires dug in and did their thing.

Q4 is very secure and competent. Jeep and pickup truck drivers apparently don't recognize it as a vehicle that will handle conditions as well or better than theirs. Save it for that left lane Prius or the Civic with bald tires, boys and girls.

Interesting snow pattern on the rear window. I should have taken a picture. Have to remember about left and right distribution settings to make sure the whole windshield gets air (I usually use the one that splits it between floor and defroster).

I heard so many "big three" and supplier employees were working from home that the area VPNs were over capacity. Not a high-productivity day for them. I'm tempted to go out and play in the snow at lunchtime.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do agree that I don't see hardly any SUVs in the lot - even now. The car behind me is also a car-nut and it's a MB tuned E55 that has 600+ HP. All wheel drive helps him!

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
765 Posts
That’s reassuring. I have a 3 hour drive in my QV tomorrow for a week of skiing in Austria. I’ve also got chains (and a shovel) just in case.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
That’s reassuring. I have a 3 hour drive in my QV tomorrow for a week of skiing in Austria. I’ve also got chains (and a shovel) just in case.
You know you're living a charmed life, right?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yep. Fun driving 94, 294, 88, and side roads. Pretty great. Some slippage to keep it interesting. Do you think winter tires would be better for all the slush and hwy ramps?

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts