Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I need you're help!!! Someone hit my bumper while the car was parked. Now the damage wasn't that bad. The body shop fixed it only problem is that my blind spot assist stopped working and I get a message stating "Blind Spot assist monitering temporarily unavailable." Prior to getting it repaired my BSM was working perfectly fine. After I drove off the auto shop everything worked fine and all of a sudden I got an error message. It's been like that all day today. I'm hoping it's just a loose wiring since it happened as soon as I made a right turn. I'm taking it to the shop again tomorrow but I was hoping to get your all's input. Mind you the side parking sensors works fine it's only the BSM.

PS I love this forum!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not exactly sure but if you look on your bumpers you'll see the small round sensors. I'd start with the sensor closest to your boo-boo and see if you can somehow get behind the bumper and feel the sensor making sure there's a wire attached to it.

On the other hand the sensor itself might be damaged and need replacing. I understand they are rather fragile. (At least that's what the fellow that did my wrap said)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If you can, look under the bumper and see if the underpanel covers what you need to see. If you have a jack and stands you could lift that corner and then undo the underpanel screws (probably allen or 10mm). Loosen them up towards the center panel, including those, and remove the screws along the seam with the rear. You should be able to see the rear bumper at that point without separating it from the underpanel. Shine a flashlight in there and try to see what's up. You may also be able to see in from the wheel well. Or you could let the shop do it ;) Good luck. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Update,

So I went to the auto shop and we took apart the bumper. We cleaned all the wires out and replugged them. Still no luck! I guess I'm going to have to take it to the stealership and have to use my warranty. Everything looked fine inside the bumper. The damage was no where near the bumper sensors so I know the accident had nothing to do with it.

At this point I'm thinking they need to replace or recalibrate it.

Also note, the body shop found that the sensor on the passenger side was sitting on the floor of the bumper so you guys may also have a similar issue because my damage was on the driver side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts