Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a straight-through muffler delete on my 2017 2.0 280hp, its a little loud especially on cold start and looking to add a universal muffler

I've been to the exhaust shop who say they can fit a performance duplex style muffler and have given me some options of either 16, 18 or 20in length which are approx. 10in width X 4in depth (Oval shape), pic attached!

All should provide a deeper, raspier tone and when asked which one he would recommend and he said the 16in, I know the 2.0 is quieter exhaust note compared to other cars but the question is which muffler should i go for.

Can I ask what dimensions other peoples performance mufflers are please as it would give an indication sound level as a general rule of thumb, i.e. a sports muffler is approx. X dimensions while a race muffler is X would give me an indication of which one to choose!

I know this is a silly question but the garage has never fitted on a Giula and wasn't able to give much info, he said to go with the 16in for a raspier sound where the bigger ones may silence too much but it wasn't very concreate advise

Some comparative sizes rough measurements would be great, i cant seem to any any muffler dimensions online either.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Attachments

· Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
6,359 Posts
Vibrant Performance 10633 muffler (2.5" inlet) or Vibrant Performance 10632 (3" inlet) are ones that have been used by many folks, so go off of their sizing as your guide. I even think that my MAPerformance Sport system is using the 10632 muffler.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Vibrant Performance 10633 muffler (2.5" inlet) or Vibrant Performance 10632 (3" inlet) are ones that have been used by many folks, so go off of their sizing as your guide. I even think that my MAPerformance Sport system is using the 10632 muffler.
That's a good idea, just checked and Vibrant 2.5in version is almost 3 times larger in capacity to the 16in that iv been offiered.

Dimensions: Vabrant10633 is 26L x 10W x 7H - Capacity 1820 (cubed inches)
16in universal: 16L x 10W x 4H - Capacity 640 (cubed inches)

If this translates to volume then the 16in maybe on the loud side.

Found a photo of a Supersprint Exhaust online and it looks around the same capacity as the 16in iv been offered so they seem to vary, this is probably on the racier side, will google some video's of this exhaust

Gas Auto part Machine Motor vehicle Nut

Thanks

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts