Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Sport TI with Active Suspension.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and I didn't find anything about this.

How long is the Sirius Guardian trial period? It doesn't say on the window sticker.

For those of you who have it, is it worth it? It looks like the basic package without a wifi hot spot is about $25.00 a month.

I will wind up with XM all access because my wife likes it. Does having all access lower the price?

I don't have the car yet, I am picking it up tomorrow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I did a search and I didn't find anything about this.

How long is the Sirius Guardian trial period? It doesn't say on the window sticker.

For those of you who have it, is it worth it? It looks like the basic package without a wifi hot spot is about $25.00 a month.

I will wind up with XM all access because my wife likes it. Does having all access lower the price?

I don't have the car yet, I am picking it up tomorrow.

Thanks!
1 year. When I was enabling (which took forever on the phone) and they told me the price after the trial period I laughed. I wouldn’t pay $5/mo for what it offers. Have no idea about any potential price interplay with XM, that’s also gone for me after 6 months. With CarPlay and streaming audio from my other music services it’s not needed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
With previous cars it’s been my experience that if you cancel after your trial You can expect an email or a phone call offering the service for a substantial discount.Tell them no thanks and you will get a better discount offer in a couple of more days

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also You can take advantage of the free app for subscribers and combine it with Bluetooth or CarPlay and have satellite radio in your other vehicles as well

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Also You can take advantage of the free app for subscribers and combine it with Bluetooth or CarPlay and have satellite radio in your other vehicles as well
Yeah, as far as XM goes, they’ll offer you just about anything to get your credit card on file In the hope of screwing you later.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Sport TI with Active Suspension.
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 months trial for XM, and 1 year for the Guardian? Strange...

I looked at the Guardian website and it said $25 a month. I don't want it at that price!

I have XM all access on my other cars because my wife likes it. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have it. Way too expensive.

Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
188 Posts
I paid for it a year in advance it came out cheaper, I forget exactly how much, I think they gave a free month or something. IIRC it costs about the same as Mercedes Mbrace and any other lux brand telematics. I like it for the theft recovery assistance, and also remote start from my phone. When COVID is done I'll be back taking the train into the city, the ability to start my car from the train before I get to the station so its nice and warm (or cool) by the time I get to it, is worth it for me.

The Total package (without hotspot) is $25, there is also a cheaper $20 package without the theft notifications and stolen vehicle assistance or $13 a month just for roadside assistance and SOS (if you crash it notifies the police and checks if you're ok).

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I paid for it a year in advance it came out cheaper, I forget exactly how much, I think they gave a free month or something. IIRC it costs about the same as Mercedes Mbrace and any other lux brand telematics. I like it for the theft recovery assistance, and also remote start from my phone. When COVID is done I'll be back taking the train into the city, the ability to start my car from the train before I get to the station so its nice and warm (or cool) by the time I get to it, is worth it for me.

The Total package (without hotspot) is $25, there is also a cheaper $20 package without the theft notifications and stolen vehicle assistance or $13 a month just for roadside assistance and SOS (if you crash it notifies the police and checks if you're ok).

Yes, I shouldn’t have been so negative on the service, it’s just that none of the functionality offers any value to me personally. I don’t want, or need, any of the things it is capable of providing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, I shouldn’t have been so negative on the service, it’s just that none of the functionality offers any value to me personally. I don’t want, or need, any of the things it is capable of providing.
No worries, I can see a lot of situations where its not worth the money.

Side note Mercedes is highly anti Remote start for some reason. To the point that they didn't offer remote start on their cars until 2017 and ONLY using the MBrace app. Literally you can't even buy a new 2021 Mercedes with remote start via keyfob. BUT on new cars they give you 4 years of it for free.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giula Ti-Sport Carbon AWD
499 Posts
No worries, I can see a lot of situations where its not worth the money.

Side note Mercedes is highly anti Remote start for some reason. To the point that they didn't offer remote start on their cars until 2017 and ONLY using the MBrace app. Literally you can't even buy a new 2021 Mercedes with remote start via keyfob. BUT on new cars they give you 4 years of it for free.
agree with you on comfort of remote start from phone or computer/laptop/tablet.
just $25/mo is too expensive for that feature as other features aren't that great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, if they had just a remote start only price point that is all I want. I would pay $5 a month for that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
agree with you on comfort of remote start from phone or computer/laptop/tablet.
just $25/mo is too expensive for that feature as other features aren't that great.
I will say the Merceds offering is nicer for the price, it has everything Alfa has in addition you can send directions to the car (not supported on Alfa) and also set a geo fencing valet mode. There are some other things too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts