Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my MY 2018 Giulia TI Sport in for a water leak and received a Stelvio for a loaner.
Nice SUV, but (prefer the Giulia). I noticed the MY2019 Stelvio sport has a dimple on the gas door I will assume so you don't "forget" where to press when opening the gas filler door? It drove me crazy to look at, but I wrote it off as only a Stelvio thing. Well, I parked next to a MY2019 Giulia Ti Sport yesterday, and to my horror and surprise, that had the same dimple. I am crushed!!! I may keep my 18' after the lease is up just because of that dimple LOL! Why would Alfa Romeo and their amazing talented designers add that and break up the lines of these beautiful cars???

Alfa if you are listening, please revert back for the MY2021 in time for my lease end so I don't have to by a replacement NOS fuel door from an older model!

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
Had my MY 2018 Giulia TI Sport in for a water leak and received a Stelvio for a loaner.
Nice SUV, but (prefer the Giulia). I noticed the MY2019 Stelvio sport has a dimple on the gas door I will assume so you don't "forget" where to press when opening the gas filler door? It drove me crazy to look at, but I wrote it off as only a Stelvio thing. Well, I parked next to a MY2019 Giulia Ti Sport yesterday, and to my horror and surprise, that had the same dimple. I am crushed!!! I may keep my 18' after the lease is up just because of that dimple LOL! Why would Alfa Romeo and their amazing talented designers add that and break up the lines of these beautiful cars???

Alfa if you are listening, please revert back for the MY2021 in time for my lease end so I don't have to by a replacement NOS fuel door from an older model!
I'm guessing it's because of dumb American's. The AC indicator changed from a snowflake to "AC" because of us.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
I have the non-dimpled version available if you want. ;) I don't like it either.

·
Registered
246 Posts
. Well, I parked next to a MY2019 Giulia Ti Sport yesterday, and to my horror and surprise, that had the same dimple. I am crushed!!! I may keep my 18' after the lease is up just because of that dimple LOL! Why would Alfa Romeo and their amazing talented designers add that and break up the lines of these beautiful cars???

Huh, wonder when that started. My 2019 does not have a dimple on the gas door.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's odd, as my '19 Giulia does not have the dimpled fuel door.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
There is a problem with the shape of the flat fuel door assembly distorting, resulting in difficult operation and a non-flush fit. Is the dimpled door part of a fix?

On the same subject, do MY2019s or MY2020s have a better access panel for the battery? Many folks seem to have severe warping of said panel. Mine has a 2cm bulge in the middle and the latches just barely catch.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
On the same subject, do MY2019s or MY2020s have a better access panel for the battery? Many folks seem to have severe warping of said panel. Mine has a 2cm bulge in the middle and the latches just barely catch.
A little piece of Velcro tape will take care of that. It’s black so barely noticeable.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
A little piece of Velcro tape will take care of that. It’s black so barely noticeable.
Velcro might be able to hold the lid closed, but it will not flatten out the bulge in the middle. I've been contemplating buying some CF sandwich material to replace this door and maybe a few other things with something a little more stable. It only works for flat things, so a pretty short list in Giulia and this particular lid may not be flat enough for it to work.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
Velcro might be able to hold the lid closed, but it will not flatten out the bulge in the middle. I've been contemplating buying some CF sandwich material to replace this door and maybe a few other things with something a little more stable. It only works for flat things, so a pretty short list in Giulia and this particular lid may not be flat enough for it to work.
That sandwich sounds terrible.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 19 Giulia does not have the dimple, my 19 Stelvio does--drives me a little crazy too seeing it on the Stelvio. Looks like a door ding.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts