Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I know this may sound stupid but double check gas pedal to make sure nothing is impeding it like floor mats or a pedal booster connector sticking out and stopping pedal from full throttle. Also is there a speed limiter setting in infotainment? Like a valet mode?
60-130 but if it can’t go past 120 I would run it until it seems to die off and look at logs at that point. The car will pull power when intakes IAT2 are over 130 degrees. So if it’s a hot day super humid you may be seeing the engine protect itself
Sorry to ask but do you have any resources (videos, forums) for setting up and recording the data logging for when I get the equipment?

·
Registered
'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I know this may sound stupid but double check gas pedal to make sure nothing is impeding it like floor mats or a pedal booster connector sticking out and stopping pedal from full throttle. Also is there a speed limiter setting in infotainment? Like a valet mode?
Just checked and nothings there. At the time I could also feel the little click that occurs when the pedal is fully pressed (if that makes sense).

I don’t see any speed limiter setting. I’ve had this car over 120mph before, probably up to about 135mph with no issues. I bet tonight I go run it again and hit 120 easily! The thing is just inconsistent as hell which is worrying.

·
Registered
567 Posts
‘18 Giulia 2.0 Q4, completely stock.

I was doing some testing the other day, and the car was pretty much topped out at 120mph. Dynamic mode, foot to the floor, and just wouldn’t go any more. RPM wouldn’t climb past ~5k.

Read somewhere that it could be heat soak due to failure in the low temp cooling pump relay, and that data logs would help identify the issue.
Anyone else experience similar? Also, any recommendations for data log equipment?

Thank you for any advice!
Replace relays, I just replaced my intercooler relay and it made the car noticably faster at higher temps.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia TI Sport AWD
16 Posts
This may indicate that the relays that are faulty could be intermittent.
Starter relay and intercooler pump relays literally go like pennies at the dealership. Super common failure in alfas, and usually intermittent, which Is super frustrating for the customer(I own one too, which is why I just bought one and keep it in my trunk lol)

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
1,047 Posts
For RPM range, are you in “manual” or auto?

·
Registered
'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Replace relays, I just replaced my intercooler relay and it made the car noticably faster at higher temps.
I mentioned this to the dealership and they said they've never had to replace one and didn't seem too interested in checking it out. Funny because most posts I've read on the forums regarding similar issues have all pointed to relays as the problem. I don't have any experience working on cars myself... is this something that would be easy for a newbie to replace, or should I take to an independent mechanic if dealers don't want to do it?

·
Registered
'18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Starter relay and intercooler pump relays literally go like pennies at the dealership. Super common failure in alfas, and usually intermittent, which Is super frustrating for the customer(I own one too, which is why I just bought one and keep it in my trunk lol)
This is what most people online have recommended, yet when I go to the dealership and mention it they say they've never replaced one and don't seem to want to even check if it's the problem! So frustrating!

I believe I had the starter relay replaced a few months ago after my car broke down, but haven't had any replacements for the intercooler relay. (Is the intercooler relay the same thing as the low temp circuit relay?)

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,350 Posts
Was yours the relay closest to the engine in that bank of relays on the passenger side behind the wheel liner?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 White/Black, Performance Pkg., Leather Pkg., 35W Xenon, Static Assist, Sunroof, Navigation
322 Posts
The problem is they don't cost "pennies.$52 list at my Alfa dealer. " We need relays that are reliable.

Reactions: beta2alfa

·
Registered
22 Posts
In this thread is a cross reference to the same relay just different part numbers much cheaper….

21 - 36 of 36 Posts