Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i've had my QV for five weeks now. Yesterday i noticed some considerable stone chipping on the side skirts immediately behind the front wheel arches. Hows everyone else's car holding up in this area and any advice on appropriate solution? Thinking clear film protection. Mentioned to the dealer this morning. Car only done 1600km in Perth, Western Australia.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Although we don't do a lot of miles it's the area I notice which gets pounded with dirt the most. Think the film is a good idea if it's becoming peppered else you'll be forever spraying

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I had my side skirts wrapped in clear bra 2 days after taking delivery. I knew this is a high impact area... I am glad I made the decision. No chips after 2000 miles :) Highly recommend it.. If you have rock chips, fill those in with your paint color and then apply a clear bra.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Car booked in for whole front end clear film and rear bumper and rockers. Probs get the doors done too. After that i can relax a little.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Especially on the Quad the tires are sooooooo sticky that everything kicks up....picked up the car and immediately did Clear Bra on Front Fascia, Entire Hood, Front Fenders, Side View Mirrors, Rockers, Rear Bumper below the rear wheels, Rear Trunk lip of bumper and Clear Plex on the windshield.....Oh...forgot to mention Rub guard on Active Front Spoiler.....D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Anyone ever do a double layer? Also, are the fender liner pegs nearby. Wondering if _small_ after market or diy mudflaps might be possible for winter use.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can someone post a photo where the chips are occurring on the sides?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Especially on the Quad the tires are sooooooo sticky that everything kicks up....picked up the car and immediately did Clear Bra on Front Fascia, Entire Hood, Front Fenders, Side View Mirrors, Rockers, Rear Bumper below the rear wheels, Rear Trunk lip of bumper and Clear Plex on the windshield.....Oh...forgot to mention Rub guard on Active Front Spoiler.....D
Rub guard. Can you elaborate a bit more Alfaholico? Where does one get one of these? Any photos?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts