Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, with the recent time change, I wanted to change the clock on my Giulia. I thought of it while I was driving and went through the infotainment menu to the clock option but the "set time and date" option was grayed out and couldn't be selected. Ok, I figured that perhaps I needed to do this while stopped as some sort of safety precaution. Nope, while stopped and in Park, it was still grayed out. I turned off the car and turned on the power in accessory, no luck.

I then looked on the screen version of owners manual, figuring I must be dense. Ummmmm, there is no mention of setting the clock or time on it. So, I contacted Alfa customer support via live chat... spent about 10 minutes back and forth describing the issue and was told that they would have to research this and get back to me. WTF? I'm just trying to change the time... am I missing something obvious?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Mine did it automatically.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Mine also changed automatically shortly after I started it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If the time/date is greyed out, you probably have GPS Update selected of the time mode. Mine clicked back an hour the second the GPS got,a good signal Sunday AM.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I got side tracked on the linked thread. This is what I posted (not including GPS)

In case you are stuck with 24 hour mode, remember, this is an Italian car and having the time display in 24 hour mode is a nice quirk to remind you of her European roots. Both my Ferraris have had this hard coded. My aftermarket head unit can do both but the dome light clock on the 2004 360 still does 24 hours.

The clock works better than the dome light. Well actually they are both fine now that I replaced the fuse ;)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,474 Posts
Shouldn't the clock be set to Milan time?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed it

So, I was confused by the other thread because I don't even have GPS in my car. I contacted Alfa customer support and they said it would take a while to look into it. In the meantime, I started playing around with the settings. I changed the display from 12 to 24 hours then had a new option appear on the screen saying "return to factory settings" or something like that. What the heck. I chose that and then the set time option was no longer grayed out. Whatever... guess I'll chalk this up to Italian "character." The clock had actually been 4 minutes ahead before, so I was glad to be able to synch it up with my phone's time.

Anyway, why there would be some sort of GPS synch option for a car without GPS is beyond my understanding, but it works now. Just an odd way of getting there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts