Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm considering a Giulia Ti Sport for my next car. I drove one on Saturday and I like it. I feel like I have to have the LSD, but I'm seeing very few cars in my area with that option? I won't be going to the track in this car, but I think having a sport sedan without it would drive me crazy... Every time that inside wheel slips I would regret it...

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm considering a Giulia Ti Sport for my next car. I drove one on Saturday and I like it. I feel like I have to have the LSD, but I'm seeing very few cars in my area with that option? I won't be going to the track in this car, but I think having a sport sedan without it would drive me crazy... Every time that inside wheel slips I would regret it...

Am I wrong?
I have the LSD in my Giulia. Having not had LSDs in previous cars, I'd say definitely get it. You'll notice it for sure in low speed tight turns or U-turns, even if you aren't driving spiritedly. It also helps in reduced traction scenarios like rain and snow by allowing both wheels to find grip.

·
Registered
876 Posts
non lsd cars have still ELSD, mine doesnt have LSD but still spins both wheels all the time, its just the traction control is more intrusive for non lsd cars

·
Registered
483 Posts
Honestly, yes.

If you are savvy enough to be thinking about this, then you should get the option. I had to dive a bit (~200 miles round-trip) to get my Ti Sport AWD Q4.

Here's the way I've been describing it. The Giulia has essentially non-defeatable nannies. That's ok! There are a spectrum of options that push the nannies further and further away as follows:

Q2 Base
Q2 Sport
Q2 Sport Staggered 19s
Q4 Sport (maybe? Room to argue here)
Q2 Sport Staggered + LSD
Q4 Sport + LSD

Each of these options gives you more and more grip, and longer andonger before the nannies kick in. I'm open to debate on my list!

Am I wrong?

Reactions: DareBear

·
Registered
133 Posts
if you are going to buy a Ti Sport, performance package is a must.
why not?
So just buy a MSRP 50000 car. I think that's the only choice for that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Honestly, I think for the vast majority of people, the mech LSD vs the ELSD isn't gonna create a noticeable difference. So no LSD shouldn't be a dealbreaker. HOWEVER, for me, a car without the active suspension would be a dealbreaker. There is definitely a significant and noticeable difference in the ride quality, body roll, etc. with the active suspension. I got my car with the perf. pack specifically for the active suspension, and the mech LSD was just an added bonus. ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I got Ti Sport without performance package because the cars that did have that option had other add-ons that brought the sticker to around 50k. I did install H&R springs and Michelin 4s tires that i think helped and made up for it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
I have a Q2 Ti with staggered tires and LSD. I've driven a few Giulia loaners along the way and I can say that none of the loaners handled as well as my car. Some were base, some Ti and none with LSD. I would search it out again if I was buying another Giulia.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
275 Posts
If they agree to terms I will have my TI Sport tomorrow. The LSD and the active suspension are a must for me as well as the staggered wheels with performance tires. I have driven the car without and with the all season non staggered wheels and it was a deal breaker for me. I did have an 2 S2000's before my Q50 so I was used to driving a sports car and really missed it. The alfa in this configuration is spectacular.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always chime in on this topic. Get the TI Performance Pack.

You will be fine if you don't get it as long as you never drive another Giulia that does have it........at which point you will immediately regret NOT getting it.

If you push your vehicles performance at all, like many of us do, you will appreciate the extra layer of protection from the electro-nannies.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Q2 Base
Q2 Sport
Q2 Sport Staggered 19s
Q4 Sport (maybe? Room to argue here)
Q2 Sport Staggered + LSD
Q4 Sport + LSD

Each of these options gives you more and more grip, and longer andonger before the nannies kick in. I'm open to debate on my list!

Base & Lusso can be substituted for Sport in any of the Ti iterations with the same performance envelope. (Unless anyone can produce numbers proving the "aero" enhancements to the Sport fascias affect grip.)

·
Registered
223 Posts
There's not huge difference unless u really push the car and yet it's very subtle. I recommend getting summer tires with staggered set up that will help more. I have driven both cars. The only time you will notice bigger difference is with the tires. If your going to modify the suspension then I would pass on it. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. What about the Harmon Kardon system? Is that worth while? The car I drove didn't have it and it seemed loud enough but maybe the tone wasn't the best? I've certainly had cars with worse... Seems like some cars upgraded stereos just add in a "sub" and the rest of the system is pretty much the same...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. What about the Harmon Kardon system? Is that worth while? The car I drove didn't have it and it seemed loud enough but maybe the tone wasn't the best? I've certainly had cars with worse... Seems like some cars upgraded stereos just add in a "sub" and the rest of the system is pretty much the same...
I would vote no, the HK system is not worth it. I have it in my QV and it's not that loud nor is the quality great. It's adequate is about the best I can say for it.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
The HK sound system is better than the base system but its certainly nothing amazing . Its over priced for what it is. I prefer it to the base system but audio is really important to me.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
275 Posts
There's not huge difference unless u really push the car and yet it's very subtle. I recommend getting summer tires with staggered set up that will help more. I have driven both cars. The only time you will notice bigger difference is with the tires. If your going to modify the suspension then I would pass on it. That's my 2 cents.

I have heard both and I am an audiophile. The HK system is not very good compared to the Bose system in my Q50 and trust me I am not a huge Bose fan. I have a $30k audio system at home that I put together. It is not worth the money unless it just comes with the car that you pick.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
275 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'll second the comment re the active suspension being a must-have. When attacking a curve or an on/off ramp I go to the stiff suspension, and when coming out of the curve, especially if the road has some rough spots (which is often the case), I go back to the soft suspension. I love being able to move between the two settings, and I wouldn't want just one or the other. Really, with the Giulia, I think the two must-have are the Ti Performance package and (with respect to cosmetics) the leather dash/doors. Though not a must-have, I also really like the Sport package because of the more aggressive look but that's just personal taste. I could definitely live with a Lusso with the Crema interior.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts