Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am tempted to wrap the roof of my trofeo white qv in carbon fiber. What are your thoughts?

Too bad we weren't given the option of an unpainted roof from the factory...

Photos of my car attached, let me know if you think it would suit the car or not. I personally think the contrast would look awesome.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Get a pro to strip the paint.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you stripped the paint you'd then need to re clear it. That's an expensive proposition and the likelihood of it being done right is small.

I'm considering wrapping mine as well.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
You seem to have already made the decision....I would do it too, it will look even more awesome than it already does....just pick some really good looking carbon wrap....so it doesnt look obvious as a wrap....irony of course being that car already has real carbon roof..

I usually dont like white cars but Giulia’s trofeo seems really good match for curves of this car

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I also think it would look really good, and would expand on @Lowflyer’s comment about getting a good 3D one by suggesting a visit to a custom shop and requesting and looking at samples of what’s available.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I also think it would look really good, and would expand on @Lowflyer’s comment about getting a good 3D one by suggesting a visit to a custom shop and requesting and looking at samples of what’s available.
I didnt realise the was a 3D one, will definitely look into that

Edit - it looks like there is a 4D one now which has even more depth. Will check that out too

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do it! I think it would look incredible, especially if you spend the money to get a really good looking wrap. One of my favorite Giulia specs is a trofeo white Ti with the black sunroof. And your car with the carbon roof will just look even that much better.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Should have just gotten a panoramic sunroof!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If you stripped the paint you'd then need to re clear it. That's an expensive proposition and the likelihood of it being done right is small.

I'm considering wrapping mine as well.
Yeah isn’t part of the problem when carbon is meant to be exposed care is taken with orientation and a finish layer of cf is applied. I wish they did have the roof exposed though it does look good on cars with it. I’m considering doing the 3D as well even if just for added protection of the carbon roof which feels super thin on top.

·
Registered
69 Posts
<Sarcasm On> Yes your $80,000 car will look better with a $50 roll of fancy duck tape. <Sarcasm Off>

Reactions: PNW_Giulia_Owner

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
<Sarcasm On> Yes your $80,000 car will look better with a $50 roll of fancy duck tape. <Sarcasm Off>
Yeah it’s not like they don’t put wacky full wraps on half a million and million + cars. If done by a pro you can’t tell. Normally I don’t love putting fake carbon on a car but the roof is actually carbon... it’s just painted. I put a full front clear wrap on my car for protection, they even called it a track package. Most people are shocked it’s a clear wrap.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have my rockers and front and rear lower fascias done. It looks great. Make sure you get a wrap that matches any other CF parts on the car. Mine is 3m and matches great with the other CF parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
You're going to carbon wrap your carbon roof? Just messing.. I think you should! its temporary and it can be removed. Why not?

I did it on my 370Z and it came out great!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts