Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say it's 115'.

You're pushing your cart full of a stick of butter, 3 gallons of ice cream, endless beer, and 12 bags of chips because your SO sent you to the store because she's out of butter.

You see your car in the distance and think "Good time to start 'er up so I can have some AC when I get inside". Hit the loading icon on the fob (aka, remote start), and now your car is coming to life. But, you still have this cart full of amazing, and a stick of butter. "This needs to go into the trunk", you think.

So, you push the trunk button twice, as the fob demands you do.

And nothing bloody happens. Nothing.

The car sits there, running, taunting you and your assortment of junk food that will surely get you yelled at when you get home ("But I am goddamn adult and will get what I want!").

How do you open the stupid trunk?!? Oh, like a peasant, you have to open the door, and push the silly trunk button under the dash. You can now commence loading your guilty pleasures -- and a stick of butter.

This, can't, be, right -- Can it, or is my car becoming sentient and won't allow me to remote start the car, AND hope the trunk with the fob?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think you may be on to something as I've tried it both ways (remote start then trunk; trunk then remote start) and didn't get it to work. I thought that maybe I may not be pressing the buttons hard enough or enough times. Anyway, I do know that they work independently so that's something.....

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
When it's hot and I'm shopping for things that melt quickly I bring a cooler with me.

Did you try opening the driver's door and then walk around to the (should be unlocked now) trunk? Might actually be faster than fumbling with the fob.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pretty sure this is logic programmed into the car. When the car is running the trunk won't open from the key fob. Why? Items in the trunk can fall out and exhaust can come into the passenger compartment. It can be opened with the button just above the license plate on the trunk lid or the button on the dash, both of which are difficult to press by mistake.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's ment to do that, so no unwanted person/s can enter the car while it running. If you approach the door while the remote start is running you will hear it beeping from inside the car, once the car is started manually ie getting in and pushing the start button it will function normally all cars with remote start do this.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Aha!

If you approach the door while the remote start is running you will hear it beeping from inside the car .. .
I'm glad you said this. I was able to get my remote start to work for the first time last night, and when I approached to turn off the engine, the car was beeping. I thought it was from the parksense sensors, which was bothersome.
Good info!

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
I'm glad you said this. I was able to get my remote start to work for the first time last night, and when I approached to turn off the engine, the car was beeping. I thought it was from the parksense sensors, which was bothersome.
Good info!
Beeping? Sometimes my car is positively screaming. Not sure whether it's the parking sensors or the alarm. I just know I want it to stop ASAP when my butt hits the seat cushion.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It can be opened with the button just above the license plate on the trunk lid
Wasn't sure if the car was broken or it was by design, so this is helpful. I'll have to try the above and see if that works...

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Beeeeeeeeeeeep!

Beeping? Sometimes my car is positively screaming. Not sure whether it's the parking sensors or the alarm. I just know I want it to stop ASAP when my butt hits the seat cushion.
There is no doubt it is the beepingest **** car I have ever owned. It must be claustrophobic, or it doesn't trust my driving skills. It beeps like mad when going through a drive-thru. It beeps when making a turn in a tight area. It beeps when pulling into a parking space.
The darn thing just loves to beeeeeeeep.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
There is no doubt it is the beepingest **** car I have ever owned. It must be claustrophobic, or it doesn't trust my driving skills. It beeps like mad when going through a drive-thru. It beeps when making a turn in a tight area. It beeps when pulling into a parking space.
The darn thing just loves to beeeeeeeep.
I heard the 4C was a beepfest. Maybe the same sound emanator as the Giulia in a smaller space? Ouch!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts