Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn’t looking for shoes, but found these on sale. I bought em because I liked em. Turns out they are great for driving. Thin and solid forefoot for great pedal feel. They are designed for running, but these wouldn’t work for me. Just a nice casual shoe that doesn’t make one look like a yabo. Anyhow, check em out if you want. Puma Tazon 6 Fracture. Terrible name but decent shoe.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,181 Posts
Chanosh,

No picture, product name, or link. Perhaps some details are missing from your post?

For my Etype I found that the best driving shoes have smooth sides so that the shoes don't "hang" on the sides of the pedals. For driving an Etype elevating the heel off of the too-hot floor is also important, but I think Giulia should not have such problems.

·
Registered
647 Posts
As I mentioned in a previous post, I like my bunny slippers for driving my Giulia.
Don't mark the lower part of the door panel in/out and the young chicks love them!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Best driving shoes I find are Tod's, really great shoes with good style. The pebble sole ones can't really be worn much outside but are great against the pedals. Other than that Piloti is also very good.

But, it's that time of the year wear I wear Bean Boots for 3 months, and then return to my rotation in the spring.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I agree on Tods and Piloti shoes. Have been wearing both for years.
To be honest, in a manual transmission car proper driving shoes are a must, in an automatic not so much especially if you can left foot brake.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I stand by Pumas and some can be had for discount prices. My blue stripe Drift cat 3s cost me only $15 on clearance last year. You can see them in my pics. Thing is, these shoes are "nich flammfest ausgeruestet" or not fire retardant. This refers to the motorsport shoes available in the shops and online. Actual racing equipment that's fire retardant can be had from appropriate vendors.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unless you are tracking your car, flips flops work (being a little facetious but not too far off mark). Don't confuse being an F1 driver and driving your Giulia around town needing special shoes--you don't.

Now if you are really tracking your car, which I have a feeling from reading posts most don't here, then there are tons of options (Sparco, Simpson and even some cheap stuff for our several penny pinchers).

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Meh. In my college days I became quite adept at driving my MGB wearing ski boots.
They don't allow you to drive your car on a track with ski boots on......>:)

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Haha, I did like my Pumas when I was learning my new sport clutch and lightweight flywheel on the Miata last spring. Much more useful in that situation.

·
Supporting Vendor
705 Posts
My favorite driving shoes of all time are the old Adidas "Goodyear" shoes in either suede or quilted leather.

I also have a set of FIA-approved, Nomex OMP racing boots. For longer periods of hard driving (like track days) the ankle support is appreciated but I don't wear them very often.

For anything short of a track day, Vans works amazing. The same qualities that make them good for skateboarding (thin, flexible gum rubber sole and non-bulky uppers) are great for driving.

·
Registered
203 Posts
OMP makes a black leather 'dress' version of their racing shoe that I like to wear for serious casual driving. Also have Alpine Star Nomex booties for track days - very light weight.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pumas are good for driving.

Nothing like a good leather driving loafer however. Just bought these (Cole Haan Motogrand penny loafer) a few days ago to replace my aging glove leather brutinis.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts