Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The best way to save money and gain power is to buy a QV instead......
"The only substitute for cubic inches is rectangular dollars" :D

- Anonymous or forum member?
- signature line, Miata.net, ca. 2000-2017

:D

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,246 Posts
Looks like someone's chasing an electrical issue?
I was thinking more along the lines of breaking and entering. No glass shards, though.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
It's a preproduction unit used as a learning prop for service training courses.
Yeah, I spy a QV interior with a black start button and manual transmission. I don't think that combination exists "in nature".

I also see some unfamiliar things, such as the large metal box on the passenger side of the dashboard, above the glove box, the box in the center console with a large yellow bundle of wires going to it and something that resembles a compact bicycle pump at the inside front of the right rear sill. Maybe you can tell us what those are, since you posted the pictures.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Those are, respectively, the passenger airbag, the airbag control unit, and one of the two front right passenger belt pretensioners (there's another pretensioner in the retractor).

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Those are, respectively, the passenger airbag, the airbag control unit, and one of the two front right passenger belt pretensioners (there's another pretensioner in the retractor).
I'm curious why two pretentioners, unless one acts at the top and the other at the bottom to decrease slack more rapidly than a single pretensioner could.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's exactly that. Basically, the one in the retractor removes slack on the portion of the belt that goes on your chest and shoulder. The one under the sill removes slack in the portion of the belt that goes on your hips.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
One of my SAABs was an early pretensioner vehicle. Back then pyrotechnics were employed.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Follow that corrugated conduit. It should lead you to some area in the general vicinity of the other coolant tank, where you should find a bundle of cable.

See attached cable drawing.

Found. I had the right location but didn't reach in far enough to get hold of the cable. The service technician said "they all come stuffed way down there".

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wanted to revive this thread to get some thoughts...

1.) Is there a definitive answer on the weight of the panoramic roof (is there a difference between Stelvio/Giulia)?

2.) I saw a lot of educated guesses as to the weight reduction w/ the Sparco seats, but want to know if anybody has weighed the AR Sparcos by themselves. I saw on Sparcos site that they list the same AR style CF option at 15lbs, but would assume that the AR Sparcos weight slightly more given that they have electronic height adjustments.

3.) Where can I find info on how much my Stelvio QVs stock wheels weight?

Thanks 🤙🏽

101 - 112 of 112 Posts