Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Nice pics @SandyB. Did you keep that 1959 Giulietta?. I also have something from half century ago. I have shared it in other threads before. Me and my dad with his 1956 Alfa Romeo 1900 Super and then, me and my 2019QV. I know my dad is now smailing up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice pics @SandyB. Did you keep that 1959 Giulietta?. I also have something from half century ago. I have shared it in other threads before. Me and my dad with his 1956 Alfa Romeo 1900 Super and then, me and my 2019QV. I know my dad is now smailing
Nice pics @SandyB. Did you keep that 1959 Giulietta?. I also have something from half century ago. I have shared it in other threads before. Me and my dad with his 1956 Alfa Romeo 1900 Super and then, me and my 2019QV. I know my dad is now smailing up there.
Great pics you sent. Thanks. I traded in my first Alfa 2-3 years later for a 1961 2000 body by Touring. I had a couple of pics from yesteryear but can not find a one. I am including a pic from a book so you will have some reference. Mine was pale yellow with the Bouroni sp? wire wheels. The model was produced for three years and although beautiful was severely underpowered. It was replaced by the 2600 (2.6 liter) in a similar body. If I find those pictures.........🤬

·
Registered
159 Posts
Vw Scirocco 2009 2.0 TFSI
A great looking car with a lot of hidden potential from drivability POV, once upgrades done (control arms, poly bushes, ball joints, lowering springs).
Had some great time with it.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
just drove one of these on Monday and it left an impression, a really good one, stand out to me was the quietness of the ride especially with the motor behind you. the interior is very cool, well put together, the one I drove was black with a pale grey interior. what struck me the most about the body was how wide it got going front to back reminded me a bit of a Lambo Diablo how it just goes bam.
Enjoy the New Corvette![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,635 Posts
just drove one of these on Monday and it left an impression, a really good one, stand out to me was the quietness of the ride especially with the motor behind you. the interior is very cool, well put together, the one I drove was black with a pale grey interior. what struck me the most about the body was how wide it got going front to back reminded me a bit of a Lambo Diablo how it just goes bam.
Enjoy the New Corvette!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Yeah i have the performance exhaust and in track mode it makes some really nice noises. With valves closed its too tame imo. Its a fun ride. Its amazing the giulia has much better steering but obviously the vette is pretty insane with its dual clutch transmission and the sound of that v8.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
437 Posts
Someone (with a broken foot in a cast) blindly turned left in front of me while I was going 30 mph. I had to turn into their tires to avoid killing their passenger in the front seat. Totaled my car, injured me and my 2 year old daughter (she had bruises and a concussion, while I took the brunt of the injuries).

Two years later, and I finally got the settlement for my injuries and ended up with my amazing Giulia. I hope to settle for my daughters injuries soon so when she turns 18, she can get herself something nice.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Someone (with a broken foot in a cast) blindly turned left in front of me while I was going 30 mph. I had to turn into their tires to avoid killing their passenger in the front seat. Totaled my car, injured me and my 2 year old daughter (she had bruises and a concussion, while I took the brunt of the injuries).

Two years later, and I finally got the settlement for my injuries and ended up with my amazing Giulia. I hope to settle for my daughters injuries soon so when she turns 18, she can get herself something nice.

View attachment 101990 View attachment 101991
Wow ,glad there was an up side. I've found Alfas are very safe cars. Unfortunately I have found out the hard way that others are more likely to run into you than you are in to them. The world is full of idiots.

·
Registered
870 Posts
was just looking over some of my slides from my time in the Delta as a MACV Advisor, back in '71. I would go out with one SFC, he to the right of this jeep, for about a week at a time to the Plain of Reeds, and try to teach local troops how to call in gunships. Back at my home compound, I would rest up and sleep and eat for a few days, then go out again. Occasionally a little exciting. One eve, an OH6 Loach pilot asked if it wanted to go out hunting, so went out with a sack of grenades, and he would hover over bunkers, and I would try to drop grenades down air vents. I realized this was about as stupid a task I had ever attempted ,and never went out again. And he crashed a few nights later.

This is just before New Years, 1971, so heading out to our local chopper pad to hop a ride out, and decided He and I would take a bottle of Champaigne to celebrate the New Year. A week later, rode back in one of the jeeps, and found my .45 had fallen out of my holster, but fortunately I found it had fallen out inside the jeep seen, and not out onto the road. This SFC was a body builder, didn't talk much and would put dumbbells in his rucksack for doing curls when out, and had a big tattoo of an eagle on his chest, and every night the local troops wold have him take off his blouse and show his muscles and his great eagle. He was a pistol guy, and always wore about 5 or 6 of them strapped all over his web gear. Met some "different" people that year. A motor pool jeep:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep cj Classic car

121 - 140 of 154 Posts