Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
561 - 580 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you read and/or watched the USA news lately?. Have you seen all brands dealeships parking lots in the whole USA? I assume that when you say "they" are you talking about 100% of the brands dealerships. And that when you say "cancellations and delays", you are talking about 100% of the brands dealerships, right?.
But on top of that there have been lots of folks saying, they are so excited because they hear its being built and then it’s on the boat or on its way only to hear it was cancelled.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Giuliano, show us here where they touched you wrong.

View attachment 117724

Don't take it so damned personally when someone is upset about AR and/or any other manufacturer. sheesh
My mistake was replying to 614 on this thread in the way I did. I don’t do much social media and was slow to realize I should have just sent that reply to 614 in a personal message. Was only talking to them. Have several conversations on the side with folks experiencing that. My talk in public (except this instance I see) is nothing but positive about my car, experience and my dealership. I truly don’t get the way things are done for this brand and want the best for them. I should keep that to myself as I dont know about the business. I reacted rather than responded

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Giuliano, show us here where they touched you wrong.

View attachment 117724

Don't take it so damned personally when someone is upset about AR and/or any other manufacturer. sheesh
@JeFizz, I do not understand your request to show you what. I do not take anything personally, much less in a damned way. It is simply BS, misinformation and misleading to imply that delays and even cancelling orders are an Alfa Romeo problem. It is a global issue, affecting everything (all cars manufacturers) and I only suggest to be objective and accurate when posting.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
My mistake was replying to 614 on this thread in the way I did. I don’t do much social media and was slow to realize I should have just sent that reply to 614 in a personal message. Was only talking to them. Have several conversations on the side with folks experiencing that. My talk in public (except this instance I see) is nothing but positive about my car, experience and my dealership. I truly don’t get the way things are done for this brand and want the best for them. I should keep that to myself as I dont know about the business. I reacted rather than responded
No problem at all. You're right on expressing your opinion and have the right to do so. I was just suggesting objectivity and avoid misleading information and misinformation. There is a crisis going on worldwide and Alfa Romeo is not the only company delaying and/or cancelling orders. All them are. That does not mean it is the way they do business. I understand the frustration of people waiting for their cars (or parts, or equipment, or food, or supply, or medicines, etc.) but, It is not an Alfa Romeo thing.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts
@JeFizz, I do not understand your request to show you what. I do not take anything personally, much less in a damned way. It is simply BS, misinformation and misleading to imply that delays and even cancelling orders are an Alfa Romeo problem. It is a global issue, affecting everything (all cars manufacturers) and I only suggest to be objective and accurate when posting.
You're not getting it. While I agree that there is a global issue, that's obvious, AR has the ability to communicate accurately to their customers about the status of their car, but they are not as evidenced by @614's experience. I don't find that it's very difficult to tell the truth. If a car is being built or is built already and is being shipped, how can you say anything to the contrary? Cancel a car that is already built and on its way? That's BS, and flat out lying. It doesn't matter why the car is or is not built or late, the truth is the truth and it's on AR to do the right thing from the start.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
You're not getting it. While I agree that there is a global issue, that's obvious, AR has the ability to communicate accurately to their customers about the status of their car, but they are not as evidenced by @614's experience. I don't find that it's very difficult to tell the truth. If a car is being built or is built already and is being shipped, how can you say anything to the contrary? Cancel a car that is already built and on its way? That's BS, and flat out lying. It doesn't matter why the car is or is not built or late, the truth is the truth and it's on AR to do the right thing from the start.
There is where you are completely wrong, again. I bet you that @614 has not talked to Alfa Romeo at all but, with a very incompetent and clueless dealership. We already know the incompetence and lack of capability of many dealerships, including customer service. That dealership has no idea on what is going on, for sure, and I would not be surprised that @614 receives a call soon, with the very clueless and incompetent salesman on the phone saying: "... Mr.614, I have great news. I talked with Imparato yesterday night and your two cars just showed up at the dealership this morning...". So, again, it is not an Alfa Romeo problem but a dealership problem, once again.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts
There is where you are completely wrong, again. I bet you that @614 has not talked to Alfa Romeo at all but, with a very incompetent and clueless dealership. We already know the incompetence and lack of capability of many dealerships, including customer service. That dealership has no idea on what is going on, for sure, and I would not be surprised that @614 receives a call soon, with the very clueless and incompetent salesman on the phone saying: "... Mr.614, I have great news. I talked with Imparato yesterday night and your two cars just showed up at the dealership this morning...". So, again, it is not an Alfa Romeo problem but a dealership problem, once again.
OK, you do have a valid point about the dealerships... but I think we're both stabbing in the dark at where the problem lies as we have no evidence.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
In these parts, at all sporting events we finish the national anthem. “……and the home of theeeeeee.CHIEFS!!!! You might remember that if you watched the Super Bowl a couple years ago. 😊. But another friend is a Notre Dame fan….🙄. She was very pleased.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
View attachment 117725 I’ve posted this before but to get the thread I helped derail back on track. Our babies.
Great couple!. Congrats! Don't know how many QVs with that configuration are now in the US but, I am positive that you could say something like "... I have one of the ten cars with this configuration in the whole country...". That's nice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great couple!. Congrats! Don't know how many QVs with that configuration are now in the US but, I am positive that you could say something like "... I have one of the ten cars with this configuration in the whole country...". That's nice.
I had heard only 10 in the Ocra GT Jr color for the US in 2021. So that's true? Where can someone find that type of info? I'm interested in how many Ti/Veloce and QV's will be ordered in this color for 2022. The few others with Ocra that I know of usually spec'd with the technico wheels. So it is pretty rare. No picture that I take can do justice to the color. It's really funny that I can turn around and think, "oh my gosh, folks need to see her in this light" then I take the pic and think, "wow, so much better in person." Anyways, thanks. I know there aren't a massive number of stelvio's in that verde visconti....i love that color

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I had heard only 10 in the Ocra GT Jr color for the US in 2021. So that's true? Where can someone find that type of info? I'm interested in how many Ti/Veloce and QV's will be ordered in this color for 2022. The few others with Ocra that I know of usually spec'd with the technico wheels. So it is pretty rare. No picture that I take can do justice to the color. It's really funny that I can turn around and think, "oh my gosh, folks need to see her in this light" then I take the pic and think, "wow, so much better in person." Anyways, thanks. I know there aren't a massive number of stelvio's in that verde visconti....i love that color
I think that as part of the dealerships low capability (technical, communication, data) and bad customer service, it is almost impossible to find data, in the US, about how many QVs, on what configurations, and all that stuff. Some of us have been asking but, no data available or shared. There was one dealership that shared some brief information about sales but it was very generic and not useful. Alfissimo also shared some sales figures from different dealerships some time ago but I have not seen any updates for a while now.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Apologies if my comment derailed the thread. I am a bit disappointed, but it helps me practice patience — plus, I still have (and will continue to have long after the QV arrives) this beauty :love:

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
2021 Sport TI. I've been reading that people have lowered their cars. I kind of think this is awesome from the factory. I put a front chin splitter on to add to the black/white (Think Storm Trooper) balance. It scraps nearly every drive way I enter/exit. Granted it does drop down about an inch or a bit more. It's cheap so I don't care. I'll be replacing it with the QV style one from Madness.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,748 Posts

Attachments

561 - 580 of 586 Posts