Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been about 7 months since I took home my MY18 Giulia Ti Sport and I'm still in love with this car. I have a Durango that I use for transporting the kids back and forth from their summer camp each day so there are times when I don't drive the Giulia for a couple of days. The times I do take the Giulia out are still exhilarating. I have the Centerline Corsa exhaust and the EC V2 intake and man, when I do the remote start and let it idle for a few minutes in the cold-start phase, I almost get the chills listening to it purr. The car still gets a lot of looks when out and about and a lot of head nods from BMW, Benz and Audi drivers. I love my Alfa and look forward to many more years of fun with it!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
It's been about 7 months since I took home my MY18 Giulia Ti Sport and I'm still in love with this car. I have a Durango that I use for transporting the kids back and forth from their summer camp each day so there are times when I don't drive the Giulia for a couple of days. The times I do take the Giulia out are still exhilarating. I have the Centerline Corsa exhaust and the EC V2 intake and man, when I do the remote start and let it idle for a few minutes in the cold-start phase, I almost get the chills listening to it purr. The car still gets a lot of looks when out and about and a lot of head nods from BMW, Benz and Audi drivers. I love my Alfa and look forward to many more years of fun with it!
Sweet! Owning an Alfa Romeo is a love affair, and it doesn't matter which model/year she is. She's alive with emotion.

We've owned our Giulia Ti Q2 about 14 months now and still enjoy her as much now as the first few days, maybe more so. Intake & exhaust are still stock, but have bumped the power & drivability with EC P1 ECU tune. I put 19x9 wheels & tires all around as well. My wife and I have had her out on the track and she handles like a dream, balanced and neutral.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
I feel the same way. Fourteen months and 14,000 miles later, I still love climbing in and driving this car.
Typically, as I enter year 2 with a new car, I am already bored and starting to think about what my next car might be. But with the Giulia, I'm more excited to see what the 2020 refresh might bring. And if they bring that extended warranty and free scheduled maintenance deal to the U.S., I'm all but in for a new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here gents. Fifteen months and 16,000 miles later, I enjoy the car even more than in the beginning. During that time did not have a single issues and the car is flawless. The driving experience is superb. Before Giulia i owned BMW 330i Xdrive and there is no comparison, Alfa is much better vehicle in almost everything; it's more dynamic, feel lighter, suspension is substantially superior, seats are nicer and more comfortable... I can keep going :) So overall i'm very very happy and now thinking about getting P1 tune and V2 intake. Already changed the exhaust :)

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I’ll be 7 months and almost 7k miles in at the end of next week, and can honestly say I enjoy my car more and better today than when new.

Giulia and I started off on the wrong foot with a traffic accident 3.5hrs off the lot, an unfortunate incident which caused a rather jaundiced attitude towards the car because I had to drive it around, self-conscious, for more than a month while I waited for parts. Additionally, the car emitted a strong, noxious, chemical odor into the cabin for many weeks, but which finally resolved itself after more than 1500 miles, apparently because it finally burned off. That the seat heaters didn’t turn on with remote starting during a cold winter didn’t help.

It took me awhile to get used to such a small sedan, as well as learn it’s peculiarities. It seemed kind of rough and unpolished in its running and operation, but there was a lot to like.

At this point, it has broken in beautifully, and feels seamlessly, naturally smooth and refined. I know it well, and if I remember to turn off auto start/start stop, it doesn’t seem crude in any way.

Adding a BMC intake filter and Remus exhaust have greatly enhanced its charm, and even though I push Giulia to uncomfortable limits where I want more power and more traction, I absolutely love driving it. A Madness MaxPower ECU going on this week should rectify the power shortcoming somewhat; perhaps because I’ve driven a GQ, a Ti will chronically underperform.

Being totally honest, though, I am already looking ahead...to my next Giulia, which will have the one option I regret not getting: Leather Package.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Mine is now at 15 months 17k miles, still tight and precise, not a single issue beside couple of creaks and rattles I fixed myself....got her fully loaded too so no regrets about this or that option....will pretty sure get another one in 3 years or when refresh shows up....hopefully with 350 HP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts