Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughter called stating she is getting this error and don't take it our of D. She got home and I see the error icon but not the message. I told her to turn the car off, I opened the door and shut the door. Turned the car on and now get the actual message. I see that thise who get this message gets there shifter replaced. I will see if it does it again tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Happened to me once and never again. Went to a dealer straight away and he scanned it, said it comes from a drivers seat belt error, then goes to this and that and it ends up with a shifter error. I know it sounds silly, but who knows how those computers work between each other.
He said if it happenes again they'll replace the seatbelt under warranty, but 2 months later it's all good

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+l
Happened to me once and never again. Went to a dealer straight away and he scanned it, said it comes from a drivers seat belt error, then goes to this and that and it ends up with a shifter error. I know it sounds silly, but who knows how those computers work between each other.
He said if it happenes again they'll replace the seatbelt under warranty, but 2 months later it's all good
Seat belt error? That sounds crazy, but with all these electronics I wouldn't doubt it. I did turn it on two additional times last night and the error was not there. Will continue to monitor it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Happened to me too, I pulled the battery in a parking lot and it reset its self. No issues since I wouldn't worry about it too much. These are Alfas after all. I also had it warn me a taillight was out the first winter I had it, that only happened once and never again too.

On a side note the tool less battery post quick disconnect is one of my favorite features on these cars when things like this happen hahaha.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Happened to me too, I pulled the battery in a parking lot and it reset its self. No issues since I wouldn't worry about it too much. These are Alfas after all. I also had it warn me a taillight was out the first winter I had it, that only happened once and never again too.

On a side note the tool less battery post quick disconnect is one of my favorite features on these cars when things like this happen hahaha.
That feature is so wonderful. Probably from the Alfa engineers who got tired of unbolting the connection to troubleshoot the car. It's a very direct admittance of the car's Alfa-ness.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Just Alfa things ;) Parking, then powering off and on the Giulia 4 times consecutively should clear goofy error codes like this.

Reactions: brentkhack

·
Vendor
1,328 Posts
Daughter called stating she is getting this error and don't take it our of D. She got home and I see the error icon but not the message. I told her to turn the car off, I opened the door and shut the door. Turned the car on and now get the actual message. I see that thise who get this message gets there shifter replaced. I will see if it does it again tomorrow.
Hi brentkhack,
If this message persists, we'd suggest visiting your local dealer for diagnosis. If you'd like additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM.

Sarah
Alfa Romeo Cares

·
Registered
161 Posts
Need to move that team to the cabin filter location project
This implies that the cabin filter had a team assigned to it, or was classified as a project, or that they didn't just realize after assembly of the car that they had a happy accident where the filter could actually be replaced without complete dash disassembly and they all shared a bottle of wine to celebrate.

·
Registered
799 Posts
best is to scan car for errors and see what caused it. this could be due to some drinks spilled on shifter, car was recently cleaned/detailed etc.
worst case scenario car either won't start or won't allow to shift to gear.

·
Registered
MY17 TI sport, the trimmings
24 Posts
Be sure she's fastening the seat belt after she closes the door. Safety first with Afla

·
Registered
MY17 TI sport, the trimmings
24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry for all your troubles. I did some digging and found the internal Alfa memo on startup sequence to prevent this error:
/s
Seriously, though, hope it gets sorted soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts