Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day.

I have the CCB option and tried to order a set of rear pads as I noticed a crack in the right rear pad when washing the car this weekend. So far I have called three dealers and all said they could not order the pads without inspecting the vehicle and turning in a report to Alfa Engineering. After Engineering has completed their analysis, then a determination will made if the pads and/or rotors will need replacement. I was just told it could take up to two months before the pads arrive depending on the analysis conclusion.

Has anyone run into this issue yet? Does anyone know a dealer who will sell replacement parts without a service visit? All I want to do is order a set of replacement pads and if the analysis is a failure on Alfa's part, then I will worry about who pays. In the meantime I just want to drive the car. :wink2:

Even Bentley would let you buy spare parts for their vehicles and every brand I have ever owned until now. I have been defending Alfa since I took delivery of the car as it has been error free, unlike a certain German brand I owned before this car. Right now, I am having serious second thoughts if I cannot purchase something as simple as brake pads. And before anyone says anything, I never had an issue with CCB equipped cars in the past, just walked into a Porsche or BMW dealership and paid for the pads or ordered them online.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm guessing they just have so little information at this time that they're trying to take this as an opportunity to learn more.

However, that doesn't help you at all. I'm betting this pad is available somewhere. Just have to figure out the pad shape.

Also do you have a picture of your pad. I'm going to inspect mine. I've definitely put a little heat in them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take pics when I fully remove the pads. In the meantime, Eurocompulsion will carry the rear pads. Just a warning, they cost significantly more than the fronts. That said, they are cheaper than the dealer cost and no need for me to go through a dealer nightmare now with them keeping the car for weeks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Good Day.

I have the CCB option and tried to order a set of rear pads as I noticed a crack in the right rear pad when washing the car this weekend. So far I have called three dealers and all said they could not order the pads without inspecting the vehicle and turning in a report to Alfa Engineering. After Engineering has completed their analysis, then a determination will made if the pads and/or rotors will need replacement. I was just told it could take up to two months before the pads arrive depending on the analysis conclusion.

Has anyone run into this issue yet? Does anyone know a dealer who will sell replacement parts without a service visit? All I want to do is order a set of replacement pads and if the analysis is a failure on Alfa's part, then I will worry about who pays. In the meantime I just want to drive the car. :wink2:

Even Bentley would let you buy spare parts for their vehicles and every brand I have ever owned until now. I have been defending Alfa since I took delivery of the car as it has been error free, unlike a certain German brand I owned before this car. Right now, I am having serious second thoughts if I cannot purchase something as simple as brake pads. And before anyone says anything, I never had an issue with CCB equipped cars in the past, just walked into a Porsche or BMW dealership and paid for the pads or ordered them online.

Thanks in advance.
I would highly suggest not to touch the pads.

I am probably the one to prompt this reaction from Alfa and they probably want to check the pads/rotors for any manufacturing defects.

I had a loud, annoying noise when I applied my brakes (CCB) and took it to the dealer for further analysis. Star got involved and traced it to the rear brake pads which they replaced and the noise has gone away. They were ready to replace pads and rotors but just the pads did the trick for me. This was a warranty n/c claim.

Cracks are not normal for brake pads and I think Alfa wants to figure out what happened. I am pretty much sure that if you touch them, there will be no "worry about who pays at a later date"

Took about 3-4 days at the dealership.

Just my 2 cents...

Every time you take your Alfa to the dealership, Star is logging everything into a database to try and get a handle on any problems that have arisen. By you replacing the pads yourself, you are potentially slowing down the process of figuring out what is happening and why.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,I need your help to find CCB disk for my Alfa Romeo Giulia QV ,I need rear, one ps I know that dealer selling only as a set which I don’t need (((.Disk size 360mm by 28mm with out disk I can’t finish my Alfa car Rebuild dxb project (((please let me know if you know who is selling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts