Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CD from the FCA website, and it was delivered to me in South Africa by courier.
The CD is titled Alfa Romeo Giulia 2018 Service Information. GA 81-270-18022-CD; 04/2018. MOPAR Tech Authority.
But the CD does not want to open? I have Window 10. Is there a trick to open the contents? Or is it a dud CD?
It is an original CD, and not a copy that I made.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I bought a CD from the FCA website, and it was delivered to me in South Africa by courier.
The CD is titled Alfa Romeo Giulia 2018 Service Information. GA 81-270-18022-CD; 04/2018. MOPAR Tech Authority.
But the CD does not want to open? I have Window 10. Is there a trick to open the contents? Or is it a dud CD?
It only works with internet explorer ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Could you perhaps assist me as to how I direct the CD to Internet Explorer after the CD player read in the CD?
You have to set Internet Explorer as your default web browser in settings. Then look on my “my computer” to find your CD drive and you should see the Alfa logo by the CD drive. Click on that and it will open. I am not positive, but believe you need an internet connection to view the files in the disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Could you perhaps assist me as to how I direct the CD to Internet Explorer after the CD player read in the CD?
if you open the cd in explorer, you should find a .txt file giving some instructions..... On mine :

<snip>
This application should automatically launch if your computer is set to allow applications to autorun.

If it does not, you can run this application by double clicking on the file "Launch.bat" on the root of this disc, creating a shortcut to the file "\common\html\default.htm", or navigating to that location and launching "default.htm".

Depending on your browser settings, you may get the Microsoft warning regarding allowing Active Content to run on your computer. Answer the question to allow Active Content to run.

Some features of this CD\DVD require a connection to the Internet.

Minimum requirements to run this application are:

- Internet Explorer 6 or above
- Intel based computer
- 1GB minimum
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Adobe SVG Plugin installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
- Adobe Flash Player installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
- Adobe Reader installed (can be installed from a link on the first page)
<snip>

·
Registered
249 Posts
@jwq2 - you beat me to it. Good summary. Imker this is the way to do this. Once inside you do need to designate your engine type 2.0 or 2.9 then all the info appears for the Giulia or the QV. Enjoy.

Reactions: Imker Hoogenhout

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thnx everybody! My CD opens in Microsoft Edge, but I copied the web address and pasted it on MS Explorer, and everything opened up!

·
Registered
380 Posts
BTW, anyone tried to copy it? Or is there protection of some sort?

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Thnx everybody! My CD opens in Microsoft Edge, but I copied the web address and pasted it on MS Explorer, and everything opened up!
Great! In my case I have the home version of Windows 10 and it comes with IE disabled. I found instructions online for how to add IE and that worked.
FCA's various tech problems are annoying, but pale in comparison to the shenanigans pulled by Microsoft.

At least with the service CD that I got, I can copy it to my hard disk and still run it. That makes it faster and means I do not need to drag a CD around.

·
Registered
Giulia Sport Ti Q4 280KM
4 Posts
Hi, i am trying to buy cd or USB but there is no availability for last 3 months.
Can support me with some link where i can purchase it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts