Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the service engine light come on? I was driving this morning and was kind of in a rush so didn't let the car warm up for the usual 30 seconds or so. When I came to the first stop sign the warning came up that said auto start/stop will not work, Service Engine and then the service engine light came on. I am super busy this week and can't get to the dealer until next week. I just don't want to lead to major problems if I continue to drive it until then. I just bought the car 8 weeks ago and don't even have a license plate yet!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have you opened the hood of your car by any chance? The hood does not always shut properly.(often times the right or left side is up and you don't even notice). When this happens, the auto/stop start not working warning light comes on. Check the hood, that could be the issue. And call the service department as @AlphaRomeo2018 suggested regarding the service engine light.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I see you have a 17` first order of business is to make sure the car has had all the software flashes RRTs TSBs as frankly MANY of the issues you may read about here are addressed by these flashes.
there is a "sticky" that lists all of them by Model/year..
KEEP CALM~~DRIVE ON :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also got check engine light with service engine message. Auto start/stop and drive modes also disabled of course.

Happened after a long day of work last Thursday parked outside. Nothing unusual tho. Called Alfa service and they ok'd me to clear codes with obd. Lights came back. Did the hood thing, checked gas cap. Everything fine. Drove lightly throughout long weekend here in Canada and dropped her off at Alfa yesterday. As of today they said they don't know. They cleared codes and the lights came back right away. They said they'll update me tomorrow.

Btw I did T57 4 days before the issue began.

Any updates on the OP's issue?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Charge air cooler coolant temperature sensor. Needs replacement. Yes that's a real part, not a typo. Told I can pick up on Tuesday. 1 week total time if it works out. I'll update

1 - 11 of 11 Posts