Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The weird thing is correct me if I’m wrong. Does QUadrifoglio come with power seats? dealer is saying they don’t and trying to void my factory warranty. However I found the original sticker to my vehicle and it says it does come with power memory seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You have Sparcos as per window sticker, note that it says 'may replace standard equipment' -- they are 4-way manual seats, but have power height adjustment only. No memory

Not sure what the deal is with 'voiding warranty' though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gotcha yea then they maybe regular Giulia seats because it’s leather and not suede. Still don’t get how seats will void all power train warranty.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
They are both leather/alcantara, just different designs. Only two types of seat, standard and Sparco. Your Sparco seats are optional.

What exactly are you trying to have done? In terms of service/request?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
They are both leather/alcantara, just different designs. Only two types of seat, standard and Sparco. Your Sparco seats are optional.

What exactly are you trying to have done? In terms of service/request?
I took it in due to a check engine light which pulled a code of P008A- low fuel pressure. Per the TSB a new fuel pump may be needed. However they’re saying they won’t cover it due to the regular giulia seats inside the vehicle. As of now it’s looking like I will be paying out of pocket to fix the TSB issue.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Oh I am sorry did not read rest of thread. My apologies.

That sounds bizarre. It should be 100% unrelated. Consider speaking with Alfa Customer Care, do you need phone number?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
FYI the seats that came with my giulia QV looks like this.
Those are Giulia Ti Sport seats. QV is same cushioning/structure I believe but different skins ... Do you have any pics of your actual seats from your car specifically?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Those are Giulia Ti Sport seats. QV is same cushioning/structure I believe but different skins ... Do you have any pics of your actual seats from your car specifically?
I do not at this point since it’s in the shop. But it def looks like that. Didn’t think anything of it when purchasing the QV, figured it looked stock and has Alfa badging and nothing appeared modified internally or externally that would cause me to believe that all warranty would be voided.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yeah there have been plenty of instances of wrong window stickers but sharing parts from lower trims with higher is pretty much unheard of. Have them send you a photo of the seats, lol. Again, this is super weird

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah there have been plenty of instances of wrong window stickers but sharing parts from lower trims with higher is pretty much unheard of. Have them send you a photo of the seats, lol. Again, this is super weird
Yeah I’m just as confused as your are so to why someone would swap them out or if it’s a dealer mistake at pre inspection?

my worry now is that I have a 2 year old Alfa QV with 11K miles with potentially no basic or power train warranty. Sounds like a nightmare.

they quoted me for brand new QV seats I can put on. It’s $16000 lol.

I’ve been in touch with a lady from Alfa care support. Hopefully we can sort this out.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
did you buy this QV used? if that is your maroney sticker then someone swapped out the OEM QV seats for the Ti. QV seats do not come in all leather.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yeah I’m just as confused as your are so to why someone would swap them out or if it’s a dealer mistake at pre inspection?

my worry now is that I have a 2 year old Alfa QV with 11K miles with potentially no basic or power train warranty. Sounds like a nightmare.

they quoted me for brand new QV seats I can put on. It’s $16000 lol.

I’ve been in touch with a lady from Alfa care support. Hopefully we can sort this out.
Probably not going to tell you anything you don’t already know, but you could plug in your VIN here and check the original equipment list, although I assume it will match the window sticker.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
did you buy this QV used? if that is your maroney sticker then someone swapped out the OEM QV seats for the Ti. QV seats do not come in all leather.
Yes I did, through a non Alfa dealership. They probably didn’t know either. I was told it was lease prior but who knows. CarFax is clean and clear.

·
Registered
121 Posts
RUN from this dealer. They are looking for ANY reason not to fix your car. Even IF the seats were changed this has NOTHING to do with a the drivetrain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
RUN from this dealer. They are looking for ANY reason not to fix your car. Even IF the seats were changed this has NOTHING to do with a the drivetrain.
That’s what I’m trying to explain to them, however I can tell they’re a bit dodgy, even after I showed them the TSB for P008A which worst case they need to look at the fuel pump. They told me again today after having it for the past month that they still need to do another diagnostic to make sure it’s not anything electrical. However they are pretty adamant that the seats voids all warranty. That’s like saying aftermarket rims and tires will void power train warranty.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Yes I did, through a non Alfa dealership. They probably didn’t know either. I was told it was lease prior but who knows. CarFax is clean and clear.
I agree with the others, that the dealer you are going to seems lousy, BUT, I gotta say swapped out seats, can raise a red flag, especially since the car was purchased from a Non-Alfa dealer.
I'd get Alfa Cares involved if you haven't already.
keep us posted!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I agree with the others, that the dealer you are going to seems lousy, BUT, I gotta say swapped out seats, can raise a red flag, especially since the car was purchased from a Non-Alfa dealer.
I'd get Alfa Cares involved if you haven't already.
keep us posted!
they are involved at this point. By no means I am no expert tech, but something that are known to be a problem such as the P008A code and some issue that is so common they created a TSB, should not have anything to do with seats lol but then again who knows.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts