Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your anger seems to be misguided. Why are you bouncing around from thread to thread, including threads that aren't even related to your car (this is a QV thread) screaming at everyone? This site isn't operated by FCA. We didn't break your car. We also aren't lemon law attorneys. So what is your point exactly?

FWIW if your in-person attitude is anything like how you are coming across online, it's no wonder you aren't getting anywhere at the dealership. From my perspective, you suck.

Also, it's "Alfa".
my anger is not misguided, but I pay a lot of money every month for a car that is still covered under warranty by the manufacturer, maybe I’m just spoiled because I’ve always driven cars that the manufacturer actually stood behind, I have never been treated as poorly by a car dealer or it’s service department, if you can call it that, so yea I’m upset, but I don’t start this journey upset, I started this journey loving my Alpha Romeo because I do when she runs the way she is supposed to, but when she doesn’t is very scary to drive her! Sorry if I landed on the wrong thread, I’ve just been dealing with this issue for so long, so when I found this forum, I though, finally maybe I can get some answers, but the only thing I’ve been able to determine is that the dealership I have been working with have not done half of what I’m seeing other dealerships in other areas have done for other people with this same issue. I’m not an “Angry person” I’m just fed up with the non existent customer service I’ve been dealing with. This is a brand new car and I shouldn’t be going through this, this would have never happened with my Mercedes/BMW, because those Manufacturers”DO” stand behind their warranties. This is why Alpha Romeo has such a bad rep to begin with, and stuff like this is only going to make that worse. I feel sorry for all of the Alph owners that LOVE their car the way I LOVE mine, because I don’t think they’ll be sticking around too long. But if you want to thing I’m just some angry, “Brittany Bitch” that’s fine by me, I thought I was going to find the answers I needed here, but sadly I have not! That’s all I have to say, have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
my anger is not misguided, but I pay a lot of money every month for a car that is still covered under warranty by the manufacturer, maybe I’m just spoiled because I’ve always driven cars that the manufacturer actually stood behind, I have never been treated as poorly by a car dealer or it’s service department, if you can call it that, so yea I’m upset, but I don’t start this journey upset, I started this journey loving my Alpha Romeo because I do when she runs the way she is supposed to, but when she doesn’t is very scary to drive her! Sorry if I landed on the wrong thread, I’ve just been dealing with this issue for so long, so when I found this forum, I though, finally maybe I can get some answers, but the only thing I’ve been able to determine is that the dealership I have been working with have not done half of what I’m seeing other dealerships in other areas have done for other people with this same issue. I’m not an “Angry person” I’m just fed up with the non existent customer service I’ve been dealing with. This is a brand new car and I shouldn’t be going through this, this would have never happened with my Mercedes/BMW, because those Manufacturers”DO” stand behind their warranties. This is why Alpha Romeo has such a bad rep to begin with, and stuff like this is only going to make that worse. I feel sorry for all of the Alph owners that LOVE their car the way I LOVE mine, because I don’t think they’ll be sticking around too long. But if you want to thing I’m just some angry, “Brittany Bitch” that’s fine by me, I thought I was going to find the answers I needed here, but sadly I have not! That’s all I have to say, have a nice day.
What answers are you expecting to get to all your screaming? You seem to have already decided what the answer is: getting a lawyer. It's still an "Alfa" btw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What answers are you expecting to get to all your screaming? You seem to have already decided what the answer is: getting a lawyer. It's still an "Alfa" btw.
I know it’s Alfa, but I have been using talk text, and it keep correcting is to Alpha, but if it makes you feel big to keep being a jerk and correcting me in every post, go ahead. I was hoping to find a solution to FIX MY CAR. And you are really funny, I have been yelling at nobody, just simply stating my frustrations and the decision I have been pushed to make because I can’t get my car fixed. I have to go to work now, but you keep on being a cyber bully because it makes you feel better...smh!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@Max B @Brittany81 I would also suggest buying a code reader. Next time you get the message, pull over and see what code it is. Might help with diagnosis.

I bought this super cheap one off Amazon. Takes less than 10 seconds to read the codes.

Unfortunately these cars have quite a bit of small issues and the dealer network is complete shit.
Thanks again! This is great. I just ordered it, and get mine Friday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@Max B, have you had any more issues with this subject in the last 7 days?. There is also the the possibility that no one likes and which happened to me twice (once together a misfire error code in cold start and once alone with no misfire error codes while also in cold start). I do not remember the error code nor what was the description in the OBD2 scanner. The possibility is: it's nothing and just another glitch of the software, the dealer couldn't find any underlying issue because there is no issue, stop/start the engine 4 times, clear the error that way and move on. That's what I did both times and the engine has been perfect, except those couple of minutes in Jul/Aug-20 (one CEL) and Nov-20 (one CEL). I am simply glad I didn't go to the dealer to service the electronic throttle control.
@Giuliano - Thanks. That's exactly what I ended up doing and it went away over the weekend. I've been babying the car a bit this week and nothing has happened. I suspect you are correct that this is a software bug and not a fundamental issue as this is now the second time this has happened and it just disappeared.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
@Giuliano - Thanks. That's exactly what I ended up doing and it went away over the weekend. I've been babying the car a bit this week and nothing has happened. I suspect you are correct that this is a software bug and not a fundamental issue as this is now the second time this has happened and it just disappeared.
Not sure you are in the Alfa Romeo Owners North America Facebook page but, check that one too, if you have a chance. Today, there was a very good comment from one guy related to, in fact, Service Electronic Throttle Control CELs saying something like: "... expect 2 or 3 random CELs during each year of ownership, clear the CELs and move on..." I agree on that comment 100%. I would say that if it is not random so, it shows up constantly, then it may be a problem that a good/capable dealer will need to diagnose and fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not sure you are in the Alfa Romeo Owners North America Facebook page but, check that one too, if you have a chance. Today, there was a very good comment from one guy related to, in fact, Service Electronic Throttle Control CELs saying something like: "... expect 2 or 3 random CELs during each year of ownership, clear the CELs and move on..." I agree on that comment 100%. I would say that if it is not random so, it shows up constantly, then it may be a problem that a good/capable dealer will need to diagnose and fix.
THanks. I am not on Facebook much, so no. But I'll look into it. I got the OBD II reader and I'll just see what happens in the future. Hopefully it doesn't show up in the middle of a long road trip!

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I know it’s Alfa, but I have been using talk text, and it keep correcting is to Alpha, but if it makes you feel big to keep being a jerk and correcting me in every post, go ahead. I was hoping to find a solution to FIX MY CAR. And you are really funny, I have been yelling at nobody, just simply stating my frustrations and the decision I have been pushed to make because I can’t get my car fixed. I have to go to work now, but you keep on being a cyber bully because it makes you feel better...smh!
what dealer did you get your car from? and are they the dealer you use for service?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I’ll throw @Alfissimo a plug here. Anyone looking for a device to clear codes the Celtic logger dongle is a great device for it and also has many other uses. The biggest advantage of the logger clearing codes vs different handhelds and laptops is that you can clear the DTC codes while driving with the dongle. Yes. I’ve done it. You will be in limp mode, hit DTC killer button and presto. Car goes right back into dynamic all while driving. Now the disadvantage of using the logger to clear the code is it doesn’t tell you what exactly the code is. So maybe a combo of both would be useful.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I’ll throw @Alfissimo a plug here. Anyone looking for a device to clear codes the Celtic logger dongle is a great device for it and also has many other uses. The biggest advantage of the logger clearing codes vs different handhelds and laptops is that you can clear the DTC codes while driving with the dongle. Yes. I’ve done it. You will be in limp mode, hit DTC killer button and presto. Car goes right back into dynamic all while driving. Now the disadvantage of using the logger to clear the code is it doesn’t tell you what exactly the code is. So maybe a combo of both would be useful.
You mean the Squadra dongle and not Celtic. Very easy to mix all of us Europeans. ;)

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
11 Posts
what dealer did you get your car from? and are they the dealer you use for service?
Alfa Romeo of Fort Worth and yes they are the only dealer I can use for service as I can’t be without a vehicle so I have to have a loaner vehicle and the only other dealer within 100 miles of me does not give out loaner vehicles, which is really messed up in my opinion as this vehicle is under the manufacturers warranty, but they don’t have loaner vehicles what so ever is what they told me the last time I tried to schedule an appointment with them as I’m not getting anywhere with the dealer I have been using. I’m going to give this dealership one more try to fix the issue, I guess I’m going to have to sign off on the diagnostic test but if they dare try to tell me that this isn’t a warranty covered issue, I’m going to flip my lid!!! My service records show that this issue first happened 2 months after I bought my car, and I’m not the only one experiencing these same problems, so it’s obviously a manufacturing default which is definitely covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. My only option is to let them try one more time as this will be the third time it has been back to them for the same issue and the lemon law in my state requires 3 service visits before I can make a lemon law claim, which will be my next step if they don’t get the issue fixed, I spoke with an attorney today about it, and am supposed to send him over all my service receipts so he can get the ball rolling. So it’s gonna be a 3 strikes and your out type of situation...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Alfa Romeo of Fort Worth and yes they are the only dealer I can use for service as I can’t be without a vehicle so I have to have a loaner vehicle and the only other dealer within 100 miles of me does not give out loaner vehicles
I live in DFW. If there's any way you can borrow or rent a car, I suggest giving Essence a chance. Ask for the service director Carson Garrison. Known the guy for ~15 years. Didnt realize he was the service director for Alfa until I ran into him last time. He's car savvy and he said he has one really good tech that specializes in QVs.

If you get a OBD2 code reader, we could at least sorta guess online about what your problem might be. (I think AutoZone or one of those places will also read our codes for free) Without that, we can't be of any help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good questions. Thanks Monk. Happened in mid-50s weather. Car had been running for about 3 min. Pulled out into traffic and accelerated quickly to match traffic speed. Punching the accelerator is what triggered the warning, as was the issue last time. Was in Dynamic mode.

Any other details that would be helpful?
This is the same way it happened to me!!! Took it to the dealer and they reflashed both ECMs and installed a TSB. They were trying to blame it on the OBDII i had plugged in for my car insurance (Metromile)

·
Registered
187 Posts
maybe a bad diverter valve? I know the stock blow offs had some issues early on and forge makes a recirculating kit that I would recommend for anyone driving the car hard. I would avoid any other brand. Just my opinion. You can read many threads on the subject. If that’s even the issue you are having. Boost bypass solenoid valve is the tech term for the stored code I think.
Mine happened with replaced forge DVs, but the DVs were not the cause

21 - 37 of 37 Posts