Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a yellow service alarm error on my dash this morning (first time I've seen it and I have 2700 miles on the car)

I tried looking in the manual but didn't find anything called service alarm. I do see the attached which I think looked like the icon but I'm not sure. I restarted the car when I got the icon and the icon didn't come back but it's worrying that it was there in the first place.

I've gotten the break in attempt alarm before but not "service alarm".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Well does it mean you have to service the alarm or is it an alarm to do the Service? ?

As we say with italian bikes, Its italian, enjoy the mystery:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like a car brain cramp, something not unique to any manufacturer or model. If it clears you are OK. If it doesn't then you need to have it checked out. But since you want piece of mind, as would I, you might want to call your dealer's service department to ask them, unless someone here has a definitive answer.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
It's a 2018 too so I can't imagine the fob battery would be bad yet.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 2018 too so I can't imagine the fob battery would be bad yet.
It hasn't happened again but I'll mention it next tine I bring the car in for service

·
Registered
440 Posts
We just had the same thing happen with our 2017 Q.

The first message was "Alarm System Failure" as written in the manual then it changed to "Service Alarm."

Once the car was started again the message disappeared. This is about the 3rd time this has happened in our 13 months of ownership.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
My alarm has been going off with the windows cracked. I have not yet asked the dealer to adjust it. It seems better with just the fronts instead of all four cracked. Even though it get s a bit warmer that's OK for me. I'm on vacation next week and with the rain will probably be in the garage at home most of the time. Maybe cruise in the Giulia between showers.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My alarm has been going off with the windows cracked. I have not yet asked the dealer to adjust it. It seems better with just the fronts instead of all four cracked. Even though it get s a bit warmer that's OK for me. I'm on vacation next week and with the rain will probably be in the garage at home most of the time. Maybe cruise in the Giulia between showers.
I forgot how Giulia detects motion inside of cabin but your cracked windows are most likely the cause...Mac has actually clarified this before but I forgot...my S6 had infrared motion detectors inside the car that were triggered by influx of hot air through cracked window....even a mosquito would make alarm go coockoo...it was easy to disable by a button on B pillar but I am not sure if giulias defenses can be disabled....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts