Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Quadrifoglio in Misano Blue
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning my fellow Alfa lovers,
My car at least twice a week shows the hazard triangle in my center cluster and it says SERVICE ACTIVE AERODYNAMIC SYSTEM, I've taken it to the dealer to check other stuff and when they connect to check codes it doesn't show anywhere, why does it keep popping up? What should i do about this?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2018 QV
395 Posts
There's a thread about this somewhere but, mine does the same thing.
I asked the dealership tech about it and after checking it out he'd just replace the entire thing.
I didn't want any unnecessary warranty work done so I've just been paying attention to when it happens.

for me, it usually happens when I go from 'spirited driving' to say, an exit ramp. So it seems like balls-out to puttering along freaks it out.
But, restart the car and it's all good.

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
408 Posts
First thing you might try is disconnecting connectors on actuators and spraying them with electronic spray; something like Liqui Moly Pro-Line Eelectronic spray or similar... Or replacing the connectors. I suspect some pins might have a bad contact/connection...

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,385 Posts
This is a pretty common one. A restart should reset it. Mine did this for a while - after a few car washes, it stopped. Next time it is "stuck down", park in your garage and clean the splitter. then restart and see.

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,385 Posts
There's a thread about this somewhere but, mine does the same thing.
I asked the dealership tech about it and after checking it out he'd just replace the entire thing.
I didn't want any unnecessary warranty work done so I've just been paying attention to when it happens.

for me, it usually happens when I go from 'spirited driving' to say, an exit ramp. So it seems like balls-out to puttering along freaks it out.
But, restart the car and it's all good.
I had it do it once when I switched the DNA knob from "D" to "N" above 60mph. That really freaked it out!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This would frequently happened on mine too, after I drove around a while in Race mode.

It always went away on its own, as soon as I parked the car and restarted it. IMO, not worth the time investment of taking it to the dealer, as it self-heals :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts