Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sergio, FCA CEO, has confirmed that the Alfa Romeo Giulia sport sedan will begin production in Italy on March 14th. That news comes from AutoExpress:

Marchionne also used the visit to the Stabilimento Fiat di Cassino plant to confirm the Giulia would finally start production there on March 14.
Delays for the whole Alfa Romeo lineup mean that the eight vehicle roll out will be complete in 2020 instead 2018.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...omeo-giulia-production-will-begin-march-14th/

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hopefully production quality is good because the last thing a vehicle like this needs is poor build quality especially when alfa is trying to relaunch in america.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hopefully we'll see come time for it to hit the market and once owners have put on some good mileage... that will be the real test. Then there's how well those issues will be handled.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also thinking that the delay could have something to do with the diesel engines. Two are on offer in Europe, and I'm curious if perhaps they aren't quite living up to standards when put up against more intense emissions testing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Being such a special vehicle for the brand i'm hoping they'll show some behind the scene's video of the production process. If there's anything that will get people more passsionate about it... that will be one of them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess it depends on what the production process looks like. If it is an impressive factory that is going to get FCA some positive attention, then I see no reason why they wouldn't do that. It's also being built in a somewhat historic factory in Italy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
No matter what it will be something people will want to see especially from a brand like this. No one cares for the production of a Honda Fit... this is something special.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts