Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sergio, FCA CEO, has confirmed that the Alfa Romeo Giulia sport sedan will begin production in Italy on March 14th. That news comes from AutoExpress:

Marchionne also used the visit to the Stabilimento Fiat di Cassino plant to confirm the Giulia would finally start production there on March 14.
Delays for the whole Alfa Romeo lineup mean that the eight vehicle roll out will be complete in 2020 instead 2018.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...omeo-giulia-production-will-begin-march-14th/

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also thinking that the delay could have something to do with the diesel engines. Two are on offer in Europe, and I'm curious if perhaps they aren't quite living up to standards when put up against more intense emissions testing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess it depends on what the production process looks like. If it is an impressive factory that is going to get FCA some positive attention, then I see no reason why they wouldn't do that. It's also being built in a somewhat historic factory in Italy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.