June 995
July. 1225
August 1140
September 1268

Giulia

Alfa 4C

Stelvio

Alfa Romeo Brand
Alfa Romeo brand sales of 1,268 units were up significantly compared with the same month a year ago as the all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUV begins to arrive in greater numbers at U.S. dealerships.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Slowdown is usual with model year change coming, discounts to follow...i think Stelvio might outsell Giulia 2:1 once there are plenty of different configs in the country....it also took me until September to see another Giulia on the road while I saw first Stelvio practically a month after launch

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I was one of the big fat July MY2018 numbers :D

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
Perhaps the July bump had something to do with the narrow offset improvements. I would wait for those instead of waiting for infotainment changes.

Reactions: Rutlefan

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was near a dealer this weekend and checked out Stelvio. To paraphrase AC/DC, that is one fat-bottomed girl.

It actually looks better in pictures than real life. To me it looks like just another crossover. And I did not like the seating position, it just felt wrong coming from my Giulia.

I do not think the Stelvio is bad- it looked really well put together. For the money it is competitive for sure.

I just think a Macan is much more appealing, but Macans are way pricier, even the base (there?s no such thing in modern Porsche-land).

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
I was near a dealer this weekend and checked out Stelvio. To paraphrase AC/DC, that is one fat-bottomed girl.
Wasn't that Queen? Maybe both.

It actually looks better in pictures than real life. To me it looks like just another crossover. And I did not like the seating position, it just felt wrong coming from my Giulia.

I do not think the Stelvio is bad- it looked really well put together. For the money it is competitive for sure.

I just think a Macan is much more appealing, but Macans are way pricier, even the base (there?s no such thing in modern Porsche-land).
I may get a chance to sample when I take my Giulia in for all the updates it needs. Apparently the dealer is using Stelvios as loaners. That's either a dumb use of what I thought was a hot-selling vehicle or a good way to entice Giulia owners to consider a second Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Queen for sure at least. "They make the rock'n'roll world go round."

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think Alfa Romeo would be doing a lot better once they are driven by folks who currently own other German luxury sport sedans. If the folks who turn in their BMW, Audi and Mercedes' leases were to test drive a nice Giulia, they most likely would lease one. I have mine since July and my wife and I love the car. No problems, not a one, and its been so fun to drive and its so stylish. We've owned over 25 German luxury brands and various sizes and models, this Giulia is better and more fun than all of those.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think Alfa Romeo would be doing a lot better once they are driven by folks who currently own other German luxury sport sedans. If the folks who turn in their BMW, Audi and Mercedes' leases were to test drive a nice Giulia, they most likely would lease one. I have mine since July and my wife and I love the car. No problems, not a one, and its been so fun to drive and its so stylish. We've owned over 25 German luxury brands and various sizes and models, this Giulia is better and more fun than all of those.
I think you overestimate the general public's ability to discern. For the high-end performance models it's different (I came out of an RS4 into my Quad), but your average Beemer 3 series and Audi 4 series drivers....don't believe the vast majority have a clue about driving dynamics or even style. It's more about perceived cachet for them.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
I think you overestimate the general public's ability to discern. For the high-end performance models it's different (I came out of an RS4 into my Quad), but your average Beemer 3 series and Audi 4 series drivers....don't believe the vast majority have a clue about driving dynamics or even style. It's more about perceived cachet for them.
Back in the '80s, one of my parents' neighbors got a Volvo wagon, opting for the turbo model because she liked its wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The problem is that the Giulia leases pretty badly compared to the BMW and other german car leases currently. So not much incentive for someone to try and jump ship beyond "it's a bit more fun to take an off ramp with" for the typical driver.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One of the August Giulia Q2 numbers.
Happy to report "Zero issues" after 3 months with the mode dial stuck in D from day 1. She has been flawless !!!
Still, have not seen any Giulia on the road.
I'm getting noticed by some folks including a friendly cop who complimented the car and gave me a 35 mph over speeding ticket.
I swear I was only going 30 mph....

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
Perhaps the July bump had something to do with the narrow offset improvements. I would wait for those instead of waiting for infotainment changes.
Unless the buyers were clairvoyant, at the time, the minor changes (see earlier MacGeek posts) were unreported until the September release of safety reports.

The majority of Narrow offset improvements were from July 2016, pre NA model year, and are in every Guilia that’s on NA soil, as I have come to understand. Minor doorsill improvements, optional “Plus” version collision avoidance and agile BiXenon headlights are what the IIHS referred to as the “May 2017” build. Door hinge, headrest (std seats) and front-end crossbar re-enforcements were from the earlier 2016 upgrades.

If this is BS, please feel free to chime in with info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts