Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=&quot]Hi there! Five years ago I was considering a Tesla model S but the wait time was too long, ended up driving a 2012 Mercedes E. After the 5-year warranties and with new tires/maintenance ahead, I was just not sure if I should keep my car. Working for software companies for all of my life, my next car would be truly self-driving. We were just waiting for the right car as my wife was not confident of the current self-driving, she's not into tech and is concerned for safety.

I WAS WRONG. The future of the driving experience is not self-driving cars!

Early May I received an invite from the local dealer on the new Giulia launch. I went to test drive the car before the actual event while my son was attending a party near the dealer and my wife shopping. I ended up investing the next 6 hours purchasing the Giulia TI, concerned that during launch the inventory would be limited. After driving Renault, Nissan 300ZX and multiple Mercedes, Jaguar, and Audi over the last 20 years without questions this is the car I love the most to drive.

It has so many details… just amazing. The first one was when I plugged a USB and it recognized my FLAC music file. No issues with the car, only thinking I should have purchased the QV. After 1000 miles I'm a true Alfa Romero advocate, interested in helping the brand become successful and preserving our investments. The forum has been great to validate information, to those reading just go for a test drive. The future of the driving experience is here, driving is here to stay.

[FONT=&quot]And oh, my 11 year old son i[FONT=&quot]s asking me if this will be his ca[FONT=&quot]r someday...[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi there! Five years ago I was considering a Tesla model S but the wait time was too long, ended up driving a 2012 Mercedes E. After the 5-year warranties and with new tires/maintenance ahead, I was just not sure if I should keep my car. Working for software companies for all of my life, my next car would be truly self-driving. We were just waiting for the right car as my wife was not confident of the current self-driving, she's not into tech and is concerned for safety.

I WAS WRONG. The future of the driving experience is not self-driving cars!

Early May I received an invite from the local dealer on the new Giulia launch. I went to test drive the car before the actual event while my son was attending a party near the dealer and my wife shopping. I ended up investing the next 6 hours purchasing the Giulia TI, concerned that during launch the inventory would be limited. After driving Renault, Nissan 300ZX and multiple Mercedes, Jaguar, and Audi over the last 20 years without questions this is the car I love the most to drive.

It has so many details? just amazing. The first one was when I plugged a USB and it recognized my FLAC music file. No issues with the car, only thinking I should have purchased the QV. After 1000 miles I'm a true Alfa Romero advocate, interested in helping the brand become successful and preserving our investments. The forum has been great to validate information, to those reading just go for a test drive. The future of the driving experience is here, driving is here to stay.
Another Giulia that's local to the Seattle area! Welcome to the club! I believe there are 4 or 5 in this forum from the NW including myself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fantastic. Congrats!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome, great introduction and exciting to hear you have become an advocate for the brand. Always good to have someone looking to be part of making the car better.
I agree with you that you in addition to the driving experience the car is filled with details that I'm appreciating more over time.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Owning an Alfa is more like having a love affair. It's a thing of passion. Her flaws just add to her character.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts