Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would I do that? The QV ones were being sold on the forum and I couldn't resist.

End result, seats that can be adjusted one more way than the Ti Sport seats because the QV base tilts independently of the height adjust. Plus some nice red stitching and alcantara inserts. As expected all the functionality including heaters work just fine.

Swapping the seats themselves is pretty straightforward. Although I have been waiting for an above freezing weekend where I knew I had plenty of uninterrupted time available so I could take my time and be sure of completing the swap. The only tool that is required is a T50 torx, I got one that goes on a 3/8” drive and am glad I did. Not surprisingly the bolts are torqued to 'we mean it' and I was glad of the leverage to get them started and retighten back to something I'm confident won't work loose.

Usual blizzard of errors on the first start after reconnecting the battery. After turning the wheel lock to lock a couple of times and restarting I was left with the expected flashing odometer.

Also as expected nearly lost my mind finding the magic combination of device driver and multiecu scan settings to allow the proxy align to complete successfully. There is a good amount of info on the forum and now that I have it saved into the dedicated Giulia laptop I think I'm good for the future.

Personally I didn't have a big problem with the Ti sport seats. But the Quadrifoglio ones do look nicer and the ability to tip the seat base is a plus. The alcantara holds you in place more than the Ti sport seat leather / leatherette inserts. But since the seat dimensions are the same they otherwise feel like the Ti sport seats.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any Idea if the following swap would work as well? looking to swap my lusso seats out

Ti Lusso seats -> Ti Sport seats
Ti Lusso seats -> QV base seats

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mechanically and electrical connection wise I don't see why not. I would think the issue to watch out for is whether the computer is unhappy if heaters or other adjustments are present or missing on the replacements. In my case both sets had heaters and approximately the same adjustments so there were no issues.

My update after more seat time is that I don't know whether its just that the QV seats have less miles on them but they are definitely more comfortable. It may just be that I can get the base tipped just right at the seat height I want but they are definitely working for me. All the best with whatever you decide to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts