Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone else feels the seat heaters in our car is inadequate? Far to often do I turn my seat heaters on and find myself really concentrating to see if I feel any heat. I swear there are times that it may not even be working

My steering wheel heater works fantastic, but these seat heaters seem to only make the seat not cold when it is freezing outside but by no means do they provide any “heat”.

Anyways, I love my Q2 so dont take this the wrong way. Just wondering if you all Have the same experience?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My heaters work fine.

Reactions: larrysing

·
Registered
235 Posts
During cold days when temp went down to -20 I had no issues, started with 3 bars and switching to one bar after few min. But I guess it depends of the person.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine work fine and it’s been cold in the northeast. I do find I have to always startthem at three bars and work down. They don’t seem to do anything if I try and start at one or two bars

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just not yet connected to remote start.
Same here. The owner's manual description of the Remote Starting System is not a 100% accurate reflection of my personal experience with my Giulia. It wouldn't be the first time that a manufacturer advertised certain features without actually providing them. The question is how many class action lawsuits will pile up over little quibbles like this and Apple Car Play? If 8*F ambient temperatures isn't enough to activate the heated seats and steering wheel upon remote start, I don't know what is.

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Owner's Manual p. 134 said:
Remote Starting System

This system uses the key fob to start the engine conveniently from outside the vehicle while still maintaining security. The system has a range of at least 300 feet (91 meters).

The remote starting system also activates the climate control (if equipped), the heated seats (if equipped),
and the heated steering wheel (if equipped), depending on temperatures outside and inside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am wondering if anyone else feels the seat heaters in our car is inadequate?
I don't consider them inadequate. I consider them marginal. They pale in comparison to the heat flux provided by my Volvo's heated seat element. I agree the heated steering wheel works great. The heated seats on 3 are marginal. I can't feel much of anything on 2 or 1 through my outer garments, which if I'm using the seat heater, usually consist of a light fleece jacket. I don't like to drive in bulky parkas, especially since the sport seats are already so confining.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have to agree with "freedomgli" in that they are marginal at best. No comparison to other vehicles that I have had or still have with that option. My 15 year old truck puts these to shame on its lowest setting. And, they do NOT work with the remote start in spite of what the owners manual says. the steering wheel heat works great, but the seats are just not what they should be.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I have them in both cars and have no problem with them, I thought they were actually warmer than my SUV which felt a little cold when I swapped cars the other night

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine are definitely not functioning properly. I can feel that they are "on" but they provide no adequate level of warmth. My car is in for its 10k service and I am having them look into the heated seats at the same time. I will update when I hear back from the dealer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
While I live in California - it obviously is not as cold as where some of you live - my seat heaters work great - but you do need to start at 3 bars. The steering wheel warms up very well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am at the Northeast as well...they do not turn on when remote start is applied even when it was 5 degrees F.
when turned on, they work fine, and I am comparing to my 2015 MB C300.
Once, I left the seats on when turning off the car, and they did come on when I used remote start, but I was never able to replicate that since.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am at the Northeast as well...they do not turn on when remote start is applied even when it was 5 degrees F.
when turned on, they work fine, and I am comparing to my 2015 MB C300.
Once, I left the seats on when turning off the car, and they did come on when I used remote start, but I was never able to replicate that since.
I have found that if you leave them on and use remote start ~10 mins after shutting down, the heated seats and steering wheel will automatically turn on. Haven't figured out the exact threshold, but any longer than ~15 mins and they don't come back on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine are fine but i live in los angeles and use them when it is 50 degrees outside in the morning. Not so critical as other winter conditions

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Nope, mine seem fine up here but I have nothing to compare them too. This is my first car with heated seats and I turn them down to 1 bar soon after I turn them on. It could be a part or system issue.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts