Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given the trim a try? It's $360 for the entire set and the pics look nice, as expected.

The SD wing seems to have good initial impressions so I'm hoping that the trim is high quality as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Has anyone given the trim a try? It's $360 for the entire set and the pics look nice, as expected.

The SD wing seems to have good initial impressions so I'm hoping that the trim is high quality as well.
I assume you're taking about these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/322564552597

I wonder if these just go over the existing trim pieces or if they replace them. I'd be interested if they're replacements.

Also, wonder if these guys will also make some side mirror covers, and a steering wheel bottom trim (the bottom trim that's found in the QV).

I'm going to email the seller and ask them.

+1 on price point being more attractive.

·
Registered
157 Posts

I seller got back to me about the other parts they will be offering:

"Hello friend? we have only rear spoiler and interior trims for Giulia so far. side mirror covers maybe later? we will have diffusor front lip and side skirts for it in 2 months. steering wheel is not in our plan yet. thanks"

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would be very careful the parts are from china. they may not be real carbon fiber. would go with someone within the USA that specialize in CF parts for our cars.
Sd carbon molds and hand-makes the carbon fiber themselves, its real carbon fiber and they spend a lot of time making sure it's all 100% perfect. See my post on how to install a spoiler without drilling. Here are some shots Sd sent me regarding the interior tru mm pieces which they're working hard to get perfect.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts
The last 3 pictures are of a Giulia Quadrifoglio, so they are not showing their own product fitted.
Also, all of the installed pictures on the ebay listing show the interior of a Giulia Quadrifoglio.

However, if SD carbon is really duplicating the parts from a Giulia Quadrifoglio, they still might be showing their product. It just seems unlikely.
Note the rather low ebay rating.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The ebay listing does show a picture of a car with their product: the one with the red interior. From said picture, it is abundantly clear that the weave is different than the genuine one, and the surface finish is rather different as well.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The ebay listing does show a picture of a car with their product: the one with the red interior. From said picture, it is abundantly clear that the weave is different than the genuine one, and the surface finish is rather different as well.
Since these trim pieces overlay the existing trim, I wonder on the trim piece that has the cup holders if that sliding door will work? There is not much clearance on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts