Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Is it possible to replace the screen in a 2017 giulia with a newer model touchscreen version? if Not what are some of the best options? Thank you.
Nope. Not sure exactly what your priorities are, but if it CarPlay/AA there are a number of aftermarket options discussed on the forum to add that capability to your current OEM system.

Here‘s a lengthy thread on the topic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Giulia 2017
Nope. Not sure exactly what your priorities are, but if it CarPlay/AA there are a number of aftermarket options discussed on the forum to add that capability to your current OEM system.

thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

carplay is definitely the priority but I would also just like the option to touch. I know people don’t like it but the option would be nice. I’ve seen many pictures of aftermarket options that show a person to punching the CarPlay display so I’ve just been curious if that was an option to install an aftermarket screen like those that you can touch or if they just don’t work in the car. I guess I’m gonna dive into that thread i appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
carplay is definitely the priority but I would also just like the option to touch. I know people don’t like it but the option would be nice. I’ve seen many pictures of aftermarket options that show a person to punching the CarPlay display so I’ve just been curious if that was an option to install an aftermarket screen like those that you can touch or if they just don’t work in the car. I guess I’m gonna dive into that thread i appreciate it.
I haven’t seen anyone mention aftermarket complete replacement systems for the Giulia, only the add-on capability for CarPlay/AA. Volumes probably don’t justify any reliable aftermarket supplier making the investment.

I had a 2017 and traded for a 2021 largely for the technology upgrades — not just Infotainment, but also the drivers aids like adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, etc, as well as the interior finish upgrades.

The new Infotainment system is definitely an improvement, but one capability I almost never use is Touch. Once you are conditioned to use the knobs and dials on the center console you can do everything by muscle memory and not take your eyes off the road to use the touchscreen. I was very happy Alfa retained this capability.

My wife’s car is 100% touch, and I hate it. Very distracting to use when you’re driving.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven’t seen anyone mention aftermarket complete replacement systems for the Giulia, only the add-on capability for CarPlay/AA. Volumes probably don’t justify any reliable aftermarket supplier making the investment.

I had a 2017 and traded for a 2021 largely for the technology upgrades — not just Infotainment, but also the drivers aids like adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, etc, as well as the interior finish upgrades.

The new Infotainment system is definitely an improvement, but one capability I almost never use is Touch. Once you are conditioned to use the knobs and dials on the center console you can do everything by muscle memory and not take your eyes off the road to use the touchscreen. I was very happy Alfa retained this capability.

My wife’s car is 100% touch, and I hate it. Very distracting to use when you’re driving.

Good luck with your search.
i keep hearing that but touch seems to be the more convenient option for me at least in my head as of now but everyone seems to have the same idea As you or the majority at least so I’m sure you’re right

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
999 Posts
Only owned MY2020. I use touch a lot. It’s way faster and more convenient especially while stopped. I do like having the wheel for while driving at speed or on bumpier roads. I find both ways to have their strengths and weaknesses so I try to use each to it’s strengths.

But yeah, probably your cheapest option is to upgrade the car…

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The following has been around some time, however, I think I've only come accross 1 or 2 instances where people have installed.....
lislee

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
The following has been around some time, however, I think I've only come accross 1 or 2 instances where people have installed.....
lislee
Ahhhh, ok thanks jwq2. I wonder if it retains all the functionality of the original for the non-audio vehicle controls? I wouldn’t take the risk, but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ahhhh, ok thanks jwq2. I wonder if it retains all the functionality of the original for the non-audio vehicle controls? I wouldn’t take the risk, but to each his own.
The way I understood it, it's based on screen integration, so you can toggle between the "new" system and the original system, so having access to both

1 - 10 of 10 Posts