Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some complete tool somehow put a deep scratch on my front door handle (and nicely walked away)

Any thoughts of how to fix it? Paper it and get a spray can or is it a flipping trip to the paint shop (grr)

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts
You will never feel complete until the perpetrator is identified and suitably punished.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh for sure... people are just 'a' holes...

I've ordered a paint matched spray can (I've touched up cars in the past like this and they came out well) so i'll see how that goes. If it's awful and bumped i'll possibly order another handle from Alfa - not sure how carbon will look with the Rosso so on the fence there

·
Registered
94 Posts
oh for sure... people are just 'a' holes...

I've ordered a paint matched spray can (I've touched up cars in the past like this and they came out well) so i'll see how that goes. If it's awful and bumped i'll possibly order another handle from Alfa - not sure how carbon will look with the Rosso so on the fence there
I'm not a fan of the carbon door handle look. It breaks up the paint too much in my opinion. "Tasteful" mods are more my style. Sounds like you're in the same boat. All i've done was add a carbon fiber license plate frame, Alfa romeo valve stem caps, and will be adding the carbon fiber "V" soon. I'm getting off topic here.... post pics of your fix!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Go ahead and spray or touch up. Wet sanding will do a lot after that.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
473 Posts
Before you buy a new handle from the dealer and pay a bunch of money to have it installed, you might be money ahead to take it to a body shop. They could fill and sand the gouged area and then paint it. And they could probably do the repair without even removing the handle by masking everything off around the handle.

I'm not sure if you have the tri-coat or the Alfa Red, which could make a difference in your decision. A body shop should be able to paint the non-metallic Alfa Red pretty easily, but they may not have the same luck with the tri-coat red. If it is the tri-coat, then I would lean toward replacing the entire handle with a new one.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With you... only thing that puts me off is I don't know the body shops around here (only lived here ten years!) and the scratch is pretty small. If I **** it up the body shop and dealer along with the carbon handles are candidates (in that order)

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
With you... only thing that puts me off is I don't know the body shops around here (only lived here ten years!) and the scratch is pretty small. If I **** it up the body shop and dealer along with the carbon handles are candidates (in that order)
I have a good friend in Port Chester who does all the High End stuff for Miller Motors...if you want to drive it down let me know...
I also have an "acquaintance" in CT that can assist you with the fellow who laid hands on Giulia:cool: j/k before anyone stereo types us "Eye-talians"
the body shop is 100% legit though...exceptional work

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah they knew they did it... we think it was the supermarket. Looks like something metatic with pattern on it, possibly a wagon, probably a brainless moron snap chatting and not looking where they're going.

This was my life with my last car, spray it, some chump scratches it... can't fix stupid I guess :(

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Yeah they knew they did it... we think it was the supermarket. Looks like something metatic with pattern on it, possibly a wagon, probably a brainless moron snap chatting and not looking where they're going.

This was my life with my last car, spray it, some chump scratches it... can't fix stupid I guess :(
So sorry this happened to you FNM :( that is why i dont take my car to any mall (unless valet) or supermarket. That is a duty assigned to my wifes G37.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Totally agree - was the wife so trying best to not make her feel bad as it was some idiot but she hates driving the other car now lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts