Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Alfa Experts!
I went to the dealer to check out the ti, and it looks pretty good. but the dealer & even the Alfa USA help line couldn't answer a few questions I have:
-What is the ground clearance on the ti model? Can't find it anywhere.
-What is the lockup % on the mechanical LSD? ibid
And while the dealer did show me the nice handle inside the trunk with which you can close it without leaving fingerprints on the paint...
-I forgot to ask him about how accessible the oil drain plug is, where the filler hole & oil filter are, or if it has a dip stick.
Anyone know, pls?

TIA! Murf

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
No dipstick.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
QV, Q2 or Q4?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hello Alfa Experts!
I went to the dealer to check out the ti, and it looks pretty good. but the dealer & even the Alfa USA help line couldn't answer a few questions I have:
-What is the ground clearance on the ti model? Can't find it anywhere.
-What is the lockup % on the mechanical LSD? ibid
And while the dealer did show me the nice handle inside the trunk with which you can close it without leaving fingerprints on the paint...
-I forgot to ask him about how accessible the oil drain plug is, where the filler hole & oil filter are, or if it has a dip stick.
Anyone know, pls?

TIA! Murf
Also, might anyone have an opinion on the jacking points, & how low a jack is needed, pls?

Murf
Welcome :)

I have a Ti Q2 although my wife drives it more than I do. I daily my red Alfa that looks just like the red Alfa in your picture including the front fender vents. That's a 2015 4C Launch Edition.

I never noticed any handle to pull while closing the trunk. I'll need to search for that later.

Jack points are rather obvious once you look for them. There's a jack point just behind the front wheel at about the door seem. The rear jack point is ahead or the rear wheel a foot and a half or so. I used a lowboy racing jack when I changed my wheels. A standard floor jack would probably work though. One of my OEM tires was flat and the lowboy racing jack barely fit under the car.

No dipstick. The infotainment center has an oil level app in it. Yes, that's what Alfa calls it, an app to check the oil level. LMAO

Not sure of the ground clearance, but we haven't scraped anything yet, and we don't baby our cars.

I'd also like to know the lock/slip % of the LSD.

Oil fill hole is easy to access. Haven't looked for the oil drain or filter yet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No dipstick. The infotainment center has an oil level app in it. Yes, that's what Alfa calls it, an app to check the oil level. LMAO
Does anyone know how to read this oil level app. Mine seems to just be various shades of grey with no rhyme or reason for them. I've followed the directions of letting it sit flat while running for 5 minutes then check, but it always looks the same.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Does anyone know how to read this oil level app. Mine seems to just be various shades of grey with no rhyme or reason for them. I've followed the directions of letting it sit flat while running for 5 minutes then check, but it always looks the same.
Agreed that it's not easy to read. I'm guessing that it reads the same way the fuel level reads. My oil level seems to be full.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I did a ittle more research and from I found, the bars will disappear as the oil level drops. So if you have all 6 bars it's full. Guess the shades of grey mean nothing. Also found that the oil level is shown on the instrument panel every time you start the engine, so I'll have to look for that next time.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hello Alfa Experts!

TIA! Murf
I looked in my trunk today. Could not find a handle anywhere. I did find the hidden emergency release for those that tend to lock themselves in the trunk. Of course the seats fold down and the only seat release is inside the trunk.

I'd really like to see your inside trunk handle.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Handle and Dipstick

I think he's referring to a "cut out" on the inside of the rear facing aspect (where the license plate is secured) of the trunk as a "handle" and I thought the Quads had a dipstick.....??

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Here's the handles.

Yes, the Quadrifoglio has a dipstick (and the diesel, too). On the 2.0L, visual oil level check is feasible, but you have to put the car on a lift, remove the underbody tray under the engine, remove a bolt from the oil pan, and insert a dipstick available as a spare part.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Here's the handles.

Yes, the Quadrifoglio has a dipstick (and the diesel, too). On the 2.0L, visual oil level check is feasible, but you have to put the car on a lift, remove the underbody tray under the engine, remove a bolt from the oil pan, and insert a dipstick available as a spare part.
Seems there are more than a few differences between the Quad and the other Giulias. The 2.0 does not have a dipstick while the 2.9 does.

My Ti trunk does not have those "handles". Any idea what the cut-outs are there for? A cabin exhaust vent perhaps?

·
Registered
343 Posts
To use the handles to close the trunk you have to pull down pretty hard to make sure it will go all the way closed and latch, while making sure you get your hand out of the inside of the trunk. Easier way if you don't like getting hand prints on the paint - and I don't - is to just gently close the trunk by putting your hand on the Alfa logo on the trunk. Closes easier and doesn't male the license plate frame rattle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Closes easier and doesn't male the license plate frame rattle.
I use the cutout handles to start, then push down the rest of the way on my license plate frame. I attached small felt chair leg coasters to the back/bottom corners of the license plate and a bit of double-sided tape between the plate and frame to keep from rattling. Closes solidly now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.