Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Too bad...they seem gracious and yet hint at promises not being delivered on by FCA....Not good for anyone....people losing their livelihood is never a good thing....D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hummmm, they had time to generate a letter/notice but not correct their website, sloppy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Meh...it's San Antonio. I'm not surprised. Someone wants one they can come to Austin.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The BMW dealership here is the largest in NA.
LOL, not even close...they aren't even in the top 20.

#1 in what?

BMW by volume (that's sales FYI) dealers they don't even hit the radar.

Vista is #1...and that is from a GM of one of the real largest dealers that is a friend.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's a shame :(

Hopefully they don't start closing dealerships in New Jersey.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's a shame :(

Hopefully they don't start closing dealerships in New Jersey.
Don't fret. San Antonio is not exactly a Alfa market. This closing has been known for months by other dealers.

Dealers come and go it's part of the biz.

Alfa sales are very strong. Went to lunch with my dealer GM today and heard some very interesting things. Good times ahead and perfect time to clear out low volume dealers. Happens in all brands.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The BMW dealership here is the largest in NA.
LOL, not even close...they aren't even in the top 20.

#1 in what?

BMW by volume (that's sales FYI) dealers they don't even hit the radar.

Vista is #1...and that is from a GM of one of the real largest dealers that is a friend.
Size and inventory. It isn't finished yet.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I had always heard that everything is always bigger and better in Texas.....:grin2:
Something fishy is going on......

·
Registered
271 Posts
Size and inventory. It isn't finished yet.
Have no clue what you're trying to say. LOL-'it's not finished' yet...you said #1 BMW Dealer in North America. Even when it's 'finished' there are dealers that do 10x the volume of that tiny dealership. Just quit while you're not ahead. You are over your head in this argument.

#1 in US in coffee cups in waiting room, #1 in US because their sales guys say so, #1 in US in complaints? What are they #1 in exactly? It's not volume, size or BMW inventory in the US bud.

#1 in San Antonio? Maybe, because they are the only dealer. You said #1 in US...you have a lot of homework to do or quit listening to your dealer BS.

--Back to Alfa discussion...they were a terrible dealer for AR obviously and San Antonio cannot support the brand--no surprise. Simple. Closed. Done. Anyone can come to Houston or Austin and buy one. No brand wants low volume dealers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have no clue what you're trying to say. LOL-'it's not finished' yet...you said #1 BMW Dealer in North America. Even when it's 'finished' there are dealers that do 10x the volume of that tiny dealership. Just quit while you're not ahead. You are over your head in this argument.

#1 in US in coffee cups in waiting room, #1 in US because their sales guys say so, #1 in US in complaints? What are they #1 in exactly? It's not volume, size or BMW inventory in the US bud.

#1 in San Antonio? Maybe, because they are the only dealer. You said #1 in US...you have a lot of homework to do or quit listening to your dealer BS.

--Back to Alfa discussion...they were a terrible dealer for AR obviously and San Antonio cannot support the brand--no surprise. Simple. Closed. Done. Anyone can come to Houston or Austin and buy one. No brand wants low volume dealers.
Not interested in a flame war, but "I'm in over my head" while you've sited no evidence that I'm wrong. They are nearing the end of construction on a dealership which BMW itself says will be the largest square footage and volume. But we'll take your word for it that I'm "in over my head."

·
Registered
271 Posts
"San Antonio cannot support the brand"

interesting statement given the population - and that it apparently can support a maserati dealer.

link http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uscities_100.html
LOL. Well if it could support why did it close? You can cite whatever you wish. If it were a hot AR market the dealer would not have closed. Who knows, maybe another AR will pop up, but I doubt it.

They have a Ferrari dealer as well (one of the worst performing in the US)--what does that have to do with AR? I lived in SA and I live 100 miles from there now. If it's a 'hot' AR market we should see another dealer open any day...not.

Population count doesn't mean it's a ideal market.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I take that back - it wasn't an interesting statement, it was a characteristically stupid statement.

I won't bother citing all the other stupid statements you have made, but I was amused that you weren't clever enough to attach anything to the wire when you changed your puddle lights.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the guy who can neither read nor think, atxsoontobesomethingelse once again displays his foolishness.
So when you lose the discussion (which was about SA being able to support a AR dealership), you just make things personal. It's typical for you, but you should try and be a little more mature and stay with the points discussed, rather than make personal attacks which make you look even worse.

Go drive your Giulia if you own one and relax a little. Try a mod or two and post them. Welcome people to the forum. Do something productive.

You seem from replies very hostile...not a good way to go through life. It's a car forum--talk about the facts, keep the immature nasty statements for your daily life.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts