Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received notice in my Alfa app about airbag recall. Anyone else?

·
Registered
111 Posts
None so far, just checked the app

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
App and Mopar site say mine is not affected.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Scroll down..

Alfa Romeo is not on the list of manufacturers covered.
Oops. I took it on faith that our government (recipient of our tax dollars) was looking out for all of us. Guess Alfa is (and will be for how long?) one of those "small vehicle manufacturers".

Reactions: PNW_Giulia_Owner

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Oops. I took it on faith that our government (recipient of our tax dollars) was looking out for all of us. Guess Alfa is (and will be for how long?) one of those "small vehicle manufacturers".
Ha ha ha ha!

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,183 Posts
Is there a website where I can check if my car is affected by a recall? (No, i do not have access to the App, as I am not on the US App store).

Cheers

·
Registered
4,350 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
I just checked and it says that there are no Safety Recalls for my car, but further down says FCA is recalling some vehicles with Takata airbags. However it also says that if my vehicle were affected, it would have been noted in the safety recalls list.

MY2018 Ti Q4 sport everything, built 9/17.

·
Registered
647 Posts
https://www.mopar.com/en-us.html

This may be for North American market only, but there might be some other geo based MOpar sites.
Thanks wingler for this link. It recognizes that I have a Giulia from the VIN # but won't give me any more info after I registered because there is no info for Alfa Romeo vehicles. I'll call Mopar and see if they can help. Looks like the site is not up to date yet for Alfa Romeo??? Some of the AR dealers were sent Mopar Oil already??? Mopar site only lists Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram.

BTW, there was one slight bit of info at the Mopar site about a complete recall for my VIN #, see below, which didn't even mention the specific recall. I presume it was for the T57 which Seattle Alfa Romeo did a great job with this recall on 5-29-2018. Interestingly I just got a postcard today, July 5th, from FCA US LLC mentioning that I had an open T57 for my Giulia. 37 days after my new dealer actually completed the T57 recall! The postcard says to find the closest local dealer go to recalls.mopar.com. No such site exists when I entered it. :confused:

Last Updated 07-06-2018
Current Campaigns,
1 Complete

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Thanks wingler for this link. It recognizes that I have a Giulia from the VIN # but won't give me any more info after I registered because there is no info for Alfa Romeo vehicles. I'll call Mopar and see if they can help. Looks like the site is not up to date yet for Alfa Romeo??? Some of the AR dealers were sent Mopar Oil already??? Mopar site only lists Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram.

BTW, there was one slight bit of info at the Mopar site about a complete recall for my VIN #, see below, which didn't even mention the specific recall. I presume it was for the T57 which Seattle Alfa Romeo did a great job with this recall on 5-29-2018. Interestingly I just got a postcard today, July 5th, from FCA US LLC mentioning that I had an open T57 for my Giulia. 37 days after my new dealer actually completed the T57 recall! The postcard says to find the closest local dealer go to recalls.mopar.com. No such site exists when I entered it. :confused:

Last Updated 07-06-2018
Current Campaigns,
1 Complete
Not a very impressive site I’ll agree. And the Alfa Romeo app is not much better. Kind of a shame, but not too surprising.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A somewhat alarmist thread head. Think I'll start one titled : "Engines falling out" HA!
What? How is that alarmist? There is a safety recall for Takato air bags....the ignitors are failing. Some vehicles are affected...many aren't. It's nowhere near the ridiculous statement that engines are falling out which would be a 100% false claim. It is getting disheartening the number of trolls that are starting to permeate this forum.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Do we even know whether Giulias use Takata airbags with non-desiccated ammonium-nitrate inflators?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do we even know whether Giulias use Takata airbags with non-desiccated ammonium-nitrate inflators?
Good question....I've found a few references to general FCA but nothing Alfa specific. I did find a recent article where both 2017 McLarin and Ferrari are affected. The article also suggested that vehicles are still being added to the list which seems odd....manufacturers should know immediately whether they were used or not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.