Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Safety backup jack placement. Underpanels in place. Jacking at front "cube" jack point. Wheel removed for refinishing. Jack and 2 stands will remain in place for a couple days. Multilink control arms were the best place at minimum jack height.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
816 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,735 Posts
Have you looked at Jackpoint Jackstands?
http://www.jackpointjackstands.com

Although the suspension arms you put the stands under are sturdy there are a couple of things that have the potential to go wrong:

The arm is are articulated so the car can shift.

The stand top may have a sharp edge that can leave a stress-rising notch in the arm.

If the stand leaves any steel embedded in the aluminum it can start corrosion of the aluminum.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lockem. I had thought about using 2x4s to straddle the jack but you can't do that with the wheel still on the car. The joints do have play but the front one is place to resist side to side, the rear one to resist front to back. But I still have the jack in place at the moment. I like the jackpoint stands and will get some.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, done and back home on the car. Pretty good job. A little orange peel and some bubbles in the clear coat but way better than chipped or scabby ;) All the chips were well sanded and only a slight shadow of my burn through on the spoke was visible on close inspection. Thank you Central Alfa!

And Jackpoint says the Recessed pad with a puck is best. I can measure the holes in both the Giulia cube and 360 front point. They should accept pins. They might custom drill them for me too. I'll look into it. The front control arm came away fine with barely a nick in the finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And oh yeah, the anti tow/tamper sensors work great. I forgot to disarm it when I jack the car back up. Sorry nieghbors! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts