Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have Ti Sport with staggered summer tires and it handles amazing. I pull 1.00 g on the meter all the time. I'm wondering how much of difference does the adjustable suspension makes. Has anbody drove both cars? Any noticeable difference?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I hope you get a reply. I am looking at getting what you have because the dealer does not have any Ti Sport with the performance package. I won't believe a dealer if they say it doesn't make much difference if they don't have one on the lot. Hoping one of the senior members or owners will answer you

·
Registered
109 Posts
The difference is only apparent (to me) in the "D" mode of the DNA selector and even then, for me, it was fairly subtle (but not undetectable). With the "soft" selection in the D mode of the DNA selector you get the benefit of the various performance settings associated with the D mode but without the kidney pounding suspension characteristics.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The difference is only apparent (to me) in the "D" mode of the DNA selector and even then, for me, it was fairly subtle (but not undetectable). With the "soft" selection in the D mode of the DNA selector you get the benefit of the various performance settings associated with the D mode but without the kidney pounding suspension characteristics.
That's what I thought it's only subtle. The only advantage I think is you can soften the suspension. The sway bars, spring rates and etc remain the same. Some of the best handling cars don't have active suspension.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the Performance Package and really notice the difference with the stiffer suspension in D mode and changing it to the Soft setting. The stiffer Sports Suspension really tightens the car up for great cornering and handling and being able to change it to the Soft Setting while remaining in D mode is great. I can see that if your not going to be doing a lot of spirited canyon driving that the extra cost of the packaging might not be worth it. For me, I am very glad I got it but not sure I would have noticed if I didn't have it. It's really hard to say.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On a Ti Sport equipped with the performance package, and with the suspension in the firm setting while in Dynamic, is it firmer than a non-performance package equipped Ti Sport driven in Dynamic? There is definitely conflicting information on that.

I totally get being able to enjoy other aspects of the Dynamic setting while being able to soften the suspension. That advantage to having the package is clear, not to mention the LSD.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
On a Ti Sport equipped with the performance package, and with the suspension in the firm setting while in Dynamic, is it firmer than a non-performance package equipped Ti Sport driven in Dynamic? There is definitely conflicting information on that.

I totally get being able to enjoy other aspects of the Dynamic setting while being able to soften the suspension. That advantage to having the package is clear, not to mention the LSD.
The regular suspension in the Ti Sport (no perf pack) does not change based on the DNA selector. The ratings are fixed and stiffness is about in the middle between the hard and soft mode of the adaptive dampers that come with the performance package.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Somewhere among all the threads on this site someone at some point posted a list of what changed for each setting of the DNA. I don't remember where or who or if it included with or without the Performance Package. When I did my test drive in a Base Giulia I do not remember the suspension getting stiffer when in D mode. I do very much notice it on my Ti Sport with the Performance Package.

Reactions: 19737

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to see one of the car magazines test ti sport with staggered summer tires and performance package with adaptive dampers to see how much of difference it makes.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
@Andy1gg only one way to know... test drive both!!
The only thing I am confident to say is that if you don't get the performance package, get at least the Sport package... you WILL miss the paddles otherwise

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today I took my car to the dealer for oil change and I test drove Q2 with performance package through some tight turns belive me i really got on it and I must say didn't really notice difference with the suspension being stiffer or improve handling over my ti sport w/o performance pack. How ever I did notice the lsd helped with the power transfer to the wheels without the esc kicking in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts